BC Boards

Pete Carmichael

Debbie Meier

Sad news to share that is working it's way through the cattledog community and beyond, we lost a great handler this morning, Pete Carmichael of Timber Lake, SD.

Please say a prayer for his family and countless friends, he was one that would take any new hand that was interested in working dogs under his wing.

Each and every one of us that have had the privilege to be a part of Pete's life holds special memories of him. We purchased our first border collie Jake from him, in part he is to blame for where we are with border collies today always telling us that you never know where a good one will come from and that there are a lot of good dogs out there. But, also warning us to not breed our dogs too hot and solely for trial, saying that ranchers don't need that type of dog.

Just Sunday evening Wayne was speaking to him over the phone talking about getting together at the Yellow Rose Trial this November in Platte, SD, getting qualified for the 2012 National Cattledog Finals and how time was running out along with what future breeding plans we had for Jake.

It was just last night that I was recalling his jovial laugh after we watched Jake go head over heels totally wiping out while crossing a ditch during his first run at this past National Finals. Pete was proud of what Jake had become for us.

Pete will be greatly missed by us, as a friend, competitor & breeder of great ranch dogs. I was really looking forward to him joining us at the 2012 National Cattledog Finals and watching with me as Wayne run Jake's son Ricky in the Nursery Finals, I'm sure he will still be watching.

Rest in peace, feel no more pain or the effect of the hands of time.

Deb & Wayne

Leaning Tree Cattle Dogs & Border Collies

In case anyone wanted to see Pete's obituary it is located here: http://www.keslingfuneralhome.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1249929&fh_id=12468#.TmI5fI5ZjWM

I never had a chance to meet him, but have heard many good things about Pete.

Kathy

Archived