BC Boards

2012 National USBCHA Finals at Klamath Falls, OR

TEC

Honestly, Diane, it was a ton of great work and a lot of on-the-job training and fixing things - I think anyone who is the least bit appreciative of all the hard work, logistics, and this-isn't-working-so-what-do-we-do-now would not want any of you to feel bad about any aspect of the Finals.

It was a massive undertaking, almost all done by unpaid volunteers (not just their time and efforts, but travel and loss of work hours and finding a farm-sitter or relying on family/friends to cover back home), and everyone deserves a great big THANK YOU!

As you pointed out, unless people let feelings both positive and constructively not-so-positive, there will be no way to gauge how to make improvements in the future. It's the snarkiness and ingratitude that grates...

yep we got the feedback on the interviews and adjusted for Sunday and tried to get the interviews before the next run.

sometimes we only had about two minutes, hence the overlap

I am sure next time Hub will have it more fine tuned

we had a blast and headed home. nan was on the muscle

and I didn't handle her as much as I should have but now

for next time

That little cowgirl from Oregon was amazing..... :lol:

Thanks Diane for all the work you were tireless and thou I had no part in the web cast I respect all that went into it.

Feedback is good we need that, it just needs to be constructive or people tune it out.

It will be in Carbondale, Colorado.

I loved the live streaming, also bought DVD from last year and from Bluegrass to watch again and again. As far as negative feedback I know of one fantastic trial that my friend quit putting on for just not being able to take the negative feedback. I hope to be able to at least volunteer for future finals and hope that the people putting them on will remain thick skinned and be able to carry on despite critical judgements.

I want to add my sincere thanks for all that everyone did. I wasn't able to watch much of the webcast (part of Sunday only), but what I did see, along with Diane's (+ "it takes a village") blog, really helped me feel almost as if I were there. I enjoyed the interviews as well (most especially that cute little cowgirl Katy, clearly a force of nature). It was clear from the chat that the production company was taking the suggestions provided.

You all set a high bar. I'm planning on attending the Finals next year (or at least as much of it as I can swing), and to help out as much as I'm able, but I doubt I'll be able to contribute anywhere near the incredible hours so many of you expended.

Thank you again!