BC Boards

Long Interview Of A Border Collie Breeder About Modern Dog Breeding

Lazhar

I must admit that I'm puzzled as to why someone who has just got a BC pup and afair hasn't mentioned any previous dog experience should be running a web site about dog breeding. I don't understand why an apparent newbie to the dog world would be promoting breeding of any kind.

Perhaps Lazhar could explain.

Well aside from the purpose of the website, which I admit I have not perused beyond the linked article, I disagree that good working breeders won't give interviews or talk about breeding in general. I've never had anyone on either side of the pond refuse to discuss breeding theory and practice with me.

J.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want some amusement go to darnfar's website and click on the link that says "health guarantee." It is a long rant about why they don't provide a guarantee and mentions cryptorchidism quite a bit. I know for a fact she has sold cryptorchid puppies. . . as "breeding quality." Need I say more?

Here's one page I found when I searched keywords "darnfar" + "health" + "guarantee": http://darnfar.com/puppy_health_guarantee.htm There's no mention of cryptorchidism in this one at all.

A second entry produces this, in the FAQ section (which I didn't find in that section the first time I looked. Perhaps I overlooked it.): http://darnfar.com/FAQ/What_Is_A_Puppy_Guarnatee.htm In it, she does discuss cryptorchidism as one example, but I wouldn't call it "quite a bit", though that could be a matter of understanding that phrase. The mention is thorough, but since she doesn't come back to it, I interpret it as one, albeit detailed, reference to the condition . . . which is just my long winded way of saying I'm not sure if it's the same one Crawford Dogs is referring to. ;)