BC Boards

Laska

puppytoes

A couple of weeks ago, I had to say goodbye to a dear old friend. Laska came to me and my then boyfriend as a rehome from a less than ideal situation. I had desperately wanted a dog my whole life and she was not at all what i thought i wanted. And yet she was perfect. When we got her, she was afraid of water (would not cross a puddle), snowmen, puppets and a whole host of other things. We were both in university at the time and so had time to teach her about how wondefful life could be. Somehow i feel like she taught us more than we taught her. I think that most of us love our dogs and i definately love my younger dog, Orbit, but Laska was different. I am not quite sure how to describe it but i feel like if i have several more dogs in my lifetime, i may likely have another dog like Orbit. I meet dogs like him everyday. But Laska was different and i just don't think there will be another like her.

Prettygirl, may you run without pain wherever you are and know that having you in our lives, has forever changed both me and my husband. You will be in our hearts always.

DSC_0024.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss - run free sweet Laska.

I am not quite sure how to describe it but i feel like if i have several more dogs in my lifetime, i may likely have another dog like Orbit. I meet dogs like him everyday. But Laska was different and i just don't think there will be another like her.

I think I understand perfectly what you mean. Some dogs become a part of you in a very special way ((((hugs))))

I lost a treasured friend today,

The little dog who used to lay

Her gentle head upon my knee

And share her silent thoughts with me...

She'll come no longer to my call,

Retrieve no more her favorite ball;

A voice far greater than my own

Has called her to His golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears,

I thank Him for the happy years

He let her spend down here with me

And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go

And join her there, this much I know...

I shall not fear the transient dark

For she will greet me with her bark.