BC Boards

2007 National Sheepdog Finals DVD

Pearse

I finally got around to putting to gether my footage from the finals and burning it to DVD.

I have the top five runs from the double lift final, about 130 minutes of video in all. This is straight footage of the runs. I did a minimal amount of editing (I did cut out some very nice close-ups of Don Helsley's and Raymond McPherson's fine tweed jackets but that's about it), but it's the next best thing to having been there (with zoom for the outruns and lifts). There are no interviews, or human interest pieces and I left the soundtrack as it was so that you can hear all of the handlers' whistles. There is some limited commentary on some of the runs from the gentleman who was announcing at the finals. He does a good summary of the course before Alasdair MacRae's run with Star, and a summary of the scoring before Beverly Lambert's run with Pippa and some commentary during the runs.

I also included the introductions of all 17 Finalists for those of you who want to put faces to names.

The DVD masters went to the press today so I should have stock by Tuesday of next week.

Anyone who would like a copy can send me $25 by check to:

Pearse Ward

1355 Arona Street

Saint Paul MN 55108

or by PayPal to pearse@mac.com

and I'll send you a DVD. Please make sure to include a mailing address.

Pearse

• 4 weeks later...

I received my DVDs on Monday and have enjoyed watching the runs immensely. I love the fact that you didn't edit any of the double-lift runs - it was just like being there! And what a tricky, nasty fetch and look-back. Amazing how some of the dogs just sailed out and found their second set.

Great job, and Lou enjoys hearing the different whistles. :rolleyes:

Hi Kristi,

I'm glad that you (and Lou) enjoyed them. I know what you mean about the whistles. I listen to sheepdog videos with headphones on if the whistles are close to mine otherwise I have four knuckleheads trying to find sheep in the basement.

Pearse

...listen to sheepdog videos with headphones on if the whistles are close to mine otherwise I have four knuckleheads trying to find sheep in the basement.

<giggle> At least yours listen for your whistles. Mine gets very excited at new whistles. My whistles are just boring to him now. And hey, at least you have a basement! Lou thinks the sheep must be in the fireplace underneath the TV. Luckily, it's electric. Poor Lou. Everything is fake in his world.

• 1 month later...

Pearse,

My first thought upon opening the envelope was, wow, how professional looking! After watching the DVD I was really pleased to see that you continued your professionalism. I was in Gettysburg, but it was great to re-live those awesome runs! I loaned it to Carol to watch and she really liked it also. Great job! Joan

I, too, was at Gettysburg but missed Alasdair MacRae's winning run (helping at the ticket booth) and so really appreciated the opportunity to see that. I also enjoyed seeing Tommy Wilson and Sly again (that one sends chills down my spine it was so terrfic) and the other top runs.

Thank you, Pearse! You made it possible for folks to enjoy seeing these again or for the first time.