BC Boards

My Dog is Devastated and I don't blame her

Tommy its kind of below down town, like a little lost country side outside of the city but still in the city, its below the down town and below browns addition I guess one would say, not many people seem to know its even here unless they know about the peoples park the place where people used to go skinny dipping years ago lol. I guess lots of naked hippies used to run all over the place down here many moons ago haha. I have not ventured down there as of yet. Today we went to the dog park that was much safer, and I do not ever consider the dog park a safe place to go to be perfectly honest

1. I think I know where that is. I think my niece's apartment was near there. Are the houses older, smaller houses mostly with porches? And it's kind of it's own little town down there? I don't know what Brown's Addition is. But is it kind of down where the old masonic lodge is? I think it's still there. I'll ask my brother. He will know.

My brother lives right off of NW Blvd right over the top of the water treatment plant. We grew up right there.

Well pardon the pun, but a big stink has erupted over all of this down here, I have seen a bunch of official looking people down there today, not sure what is going on but a whole lot of head shaking and one gent looked like he was pretty green around the gills haha, I am sure he is, got to be pretty ripe down there! I have a feeling the neighbor and the association, along with the calls we have all been making got a few wheels turning round here, I am the quiet observer keeping an eye out the window watching to see what happens next :)

Yes we are down below browns, it is like a country like setting wit n the city you are correct. many small houses, some cottages, a few very nice larger homes down here its a really neat place to live, very quiet down to earth people peaceful, lots of nature, usually not much excitement other then the wildlife roaming about and an occasional tweaker going down the street lol.

Yeah, the poo itself would not have phased Gidget. Your response to the poop was probably the most traumatic thing of all. Dogs, especially BC, are very sensitive to their people's emotions.

This. My first border collie would roll in poop on purpose - human backpacker poop, fresh bear poop, gooey cow poop, runny dog poop, fresh cat poop, you name it. Her motto was, "The nastier the better." :wacko:

Probably the combination of the fall and your reaction followed by the bathing is what upset Gidget. Poop itself is only offensive to humans - after all, we are talking about animals who will happily eat a greasy, rotten dead mouse. :P But the circumstances surrounding Gidget's mishap were upsetting to her and you, both.

I'm fully behind the idea of making and posting warning signs, and involving local media! The squeaky wheel gets the grease, after all.

EDIT: you posted while I was still typing! GREAT to hear some official-type guys are seeing the mess!

~ Gloria

Yea!

I found a map that shows Peaceful Valley but I can't find any landmarks that mean anything to me. I'm trying to find a city map so I can find NW Blvd and then I can follow the river to where you are. I have been away for 50 years now and everything has changed so much.

I think a city can get into big trouble leaving a health hazard like that in an area that is used by the public for recreation. I don't see why they can't locate those homeless camps and just pay to have port-a-pottys put in. Would be cheaper than having to hire people with the experience needed to clean up a mess like that.

Yuk.

See this is what my neighbor is saying! He is on a neighborhood committee and has been saying this very same thing, that we need porta potties or something down here, at the peoples park, the main park, the dog park, and down at the high bridge park, it is a big beautiful park, also a place where people play some sort of a frizbee game that I do not quite understand.

Anyway, I have a suspicion that my phone calls the past few days all to different places, all ending with me saying that after I speak to the neighborhood association at the next meeting I intend to take them and all the information I am gathering to the local media, I think they realized that I will do just that! Also the last person I spoke too, I had made the comment that I saw that we were due for some rain, if it were to rain I would be calling the local media before the neighborhood meeting because no way was I going to let a rain storm send all that rolling down into the river system with a clear conscience.

My daughter says people are going to think that I am sort of a crazy hippy lady, if that is what they need to think to keep the environment clean then so be it. She doesn't really mind, that apple does not fall far from the tree, my girl is a 4.0 student studying botany, mycology, Ichthyology, basically a wildlife biologist major lol. Yes proud mom plug :)

You guys interesting morning here to say the least, the law enforcement and clean up crews are all over the river areas on both sides, up and down rounding up homeless, gathering them up, sending them away, cleaning up their camp sites, I feel kind of bad. Never did I want to have them loose their safe heaven, but ya know enough is enough. It is a crying shame that they do not do something for these people so that they don't have to live like this in the first place. But like a neighbor pointed out to me, they should not be living so close to residential areas.

One man was woken up a stones throw from my and my neighbors front yards! This person was none too happy about it, the cursing and threats that he was saying. We could hear it from inside my house with my doors closed. Not very Peaceful in this valley this morning!