• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Maja

Maja

• Registered Users
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thank you Serena!

I didn't know where to put it, but since I mentioned the problem here...anyhow, I have some very surprising news. Bonnie's brother that had seizures was getting worse and worse, the vet kept increasing the dose and then added another drug on top of the previous one, and still he was getting worse. And then she got an idea to treat it as a bacterial infection of the brain and he started getting antibiotics and the seizures stopped. And the antibiotic has epilepsy as a counter-indication for administering this antibiotic, because it excites the central nervous system. But rather than getting worse, the seizures stopped altogether. It's hard to describe what I felt when I read the email from the owner.

Maja

"Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds" - Prov. 27-23

#22 Ancarrow

Ancarrow

• Registered Users
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, sheep, horses, chickens, old milk cow & a token goat.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

You're such a silly girl. Love it and the photos. Now get to work. :blink:

#23 Ancarrow

Ancarrow

• Registered Users
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

So does that mean you feel better about breeding Bonnie? Seems to me that I would (but what do I know, I've been wrong more in my life than right) since it does not now appear to be genetically related. ??

#24 Maja

Maja

• Registered Users
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Yes, I am very happy that the problem has turned out non-epileptic, and thus non-hereditary :), and the news was more than I had hoped for. I am only sorry that the poor guy had suffered for so long. He was such a "make love not war" type when he was little, very laid back sort that stayed that way. And I am also happy that the ten other owners can now breathe more easily. The litter with Bonnie was so good I decided to repeat the mating, so there are 12 puppies from the same parents.

And more good news, our first born-on-the-farm Ouessant lamb. It's a ram, but he is so cute that I forgive him.

Maja
P.S. Yes ma'am :D . We're done fooling around and we are getting to work. We even went to a clinic and practiced in a blasted blizzard :D .

"Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds" - Prov. 27-23

#25 Ancarrow

Ancarrow

• Registered Users
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

I just love those "O" sheep, ram or not. ;)

#26 Serena+Eluane B.C.

Serena+Eluane B.C.

• Registered Users
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:my border collie Eluane
    architecture, 3D modeling-animation- my profession
    art, anime, ballet, gourmet cooking- side interests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

Awww, so cute, the lamb video! oh, Maja, what a relief that the problem is non-hereditary in terms of Bonnie's sibling.

Hey, I forgot to say, that the quilts are pretty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.