BC Boards

Showing aggression

Hi there!

I'm running into a bit of a problem, and despite my efforts I don't see any progress:

My girl is now 1,5 years old. She's from a working / sporting line. Can be pretty hyper, not the most focused worker. We go for long walks with her, do frisbee training and go sheep herding every week. She is lovely towards humans, a brat towards other dogs.

From a very early age she has shown fear aggression towards other dogs. We went to two different dog schools and two different behaviourists, one of which really helped us out. We came a long way with her: her behaviour off leash is now ok-ish. If she gets too intense I can control her, because she has a pretty solid recall.

However, there are three specific situations, in which she gets ballistic and I have to physically intervene:

- when me or my boyfriend give attention to another dog (or cat): if we pet another dog, she instantly goes for it. Lunging and not responding to my voice. Sometimes standing in between us or our legs before she shows her aggression. When she's in her crate and she hears /sees us interact with the friendly cat that comes in the yard sometimes, she almost breaks through the gate and cries hysterically.

- when she is in a home / confined space with another dog: for example: at my parents home with their dog she has an intense focus, and won't stop stalking the dog. If we look the other way for a second she jumps on the other dog. She has even urinated / marked repeatedly on the carpet and the other dog's bed.

- when there is a puppy near her: for example when we're walking in the park. Her approach off leash is always cautious, but when she realises it's a puppy and she has the upper hand, she jumps on it. I never let this happen of course, and leash her when we see a puppy. I just don't understand this behaviour. This concerns me since we'd like to add another dog to our family in the future.

She hasn't actually caused any physical harm, it's mostly lots of noise. But I see this as a really big issue: I sometimes worry that she might traumatise someone's dog, besides: I really want her to enjoy life and relax a little.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation. Anyone have any tips / remarks / feedback?

Thanks in advance.