BC Boards

UNDER THE HANDLERS TENT...

tucknjill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor little Dhu didn't know what trouble she was going to be in, seeing as she had to go home with me that night! Whatdya figure Joan, i stopped her about 300 times before you showed up to retrieve the little darling the next day? :rolleyes:

Bet she stops this weekend!

Thank you for the many welcomes. Wow, how nice.

I am so pleased to hear that Andrea and company will be joining us for our Thanksgiving party - the beer is chilling, the wine cooling, and I have a special Southern treat ready for all - Coffee Lace! And if after all that you want to run dogs you are welcome to. We are near full already. We have enough nursery dogs to qualify one, and I suspect more than that once I know how many Dean is bringing.

Yes, I am trying out a new dog - Duke, a.k.a. Luke. But I can't stand that name (hope I did not offend anyone) so I am using Luke and he doesn't seem to mind. I have been working him in the small field where the handlers sat for the last trial. He works very nicely so far. His outrun seem quite nice, maybe a little square at the start but he goes deep and seems to have nice balance.

He has wonderful pace - what a change from having to get all over Jake. I am putting him on whistles and he seems to be getting the idea. He doesn't seem to understand the shedding stuff at all - so we will have to introduce him to that. Luke has had a very bad case of worms - and maybe more - when he arrived so I have been a bit easy on him till we get him in tip-top shape.

I am off to VA Tech for a sheep management workshop and then to GA for a trial this weekend and Moultrie during the week. See you all at the end of next week.