BC Boards

Shedding Clinic Questions

bcollie

I am flying from California to Virginia tomorrow to observe at an Alasdair shedding clinic. I am looking forward to it after 'hearing' so many of you discuss it on these boards. (Especially all the fun you had at this last one!) Is anyone else going? The weather forecast I pulled up at accuweather sounds fairly good but what do you locals think the weather will be like? You can only pack so much stuff on the plane!

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pack everything you own. :rolleyes: I just got home from the one last week and it was cold and rainy most of the time. At one point i had on 4 pairs of pants - jeans, lined windpants and 2 pairs of rain pants. Brrrr! Hope the weather is good for y'all this week.

Meant to email you but the fog still hasn't lifted from my brain....ended up a 3 way tie for first, with old Sammy Jo, Uncle Stu and Ellen tied. Like we needed 3 extra runs in that mud and rain and mess....oh well!!!! Stu won, Ellen second, SJH (you know what that stands for :rolleyes: in 3rd after aliens took over Tuckman. I'd think you were still placing since they were tied at 83 and you had a 79, right?

Man that trial was brutal...so frigging glad to get home last night, tail firmly tucked!

I think we should quit with the entry fees and just go to trials and put the money up on euchre! That was a blast. You HAVE to go to Bluegrass!

Nope, she was 76 with no shed. Euchre!!!!! At least it's a warm and dry thing to do.....and this time i'm drinking too by god! Now if this time you just don't decide to wash your clean clothes in that vodka so you don't have to settle for cough syrup schapps the second night, Sam and i might manage to whup you and Terri proper.

Note to dog handlers -- avoid the new cinnamon schnapps called Hot Damn. Only thing Hot Damn is how the heck you can manage to swallow the stuff! Naaaaaasssssty. :eek:

Oh i don't believe that! You can sit on the sidelines and help us crack on each other at least. It's what we do best. :rolleyes:

A., i'm bringing a card table to the BG so we can sit outside and play cards and spill all the drinks we want. Besides, the Spinks (Spottie/Link pups) will be occupying the camper dinette for the trip. Ultrasound is thursday, keep your fingers crossed that Spottie ran like total sh@#$$t for a reason this weekend! Hormones, yeah that's our excuse....

I am finally home. Last one to get there and the last one to leave.

Mark,

I am a Bay Bridge survivor. It really was anti-climactic when I went over it for the first time. After you have visited the Capitol and George on Pennsylvania Ave. while searching for the bridge, it is not nearly as bad as Lost in D.C.

A. and I started an addiction. We brought Euchre south of the Mason/Dixon Line.

A good stock tip is to invest in companies that sell Euchre decks. It is going to bigger than moon pies or is it ho's?

S.J. and Rob need to practice or at least review the rules before the Blue Grass.

Kur Thump.....Kur Thump......Kur Thump

And my bitch is still in season.

Who has the money from the Charlie pool? Is the pot in Canada? Winner gets US funds! All I know that my money is looooonnng gooonnne.

Terry,

missed you at Seclusival; glad you made it home (and over the big bridge).

Ahh Euchre, it's been ages since I've played. It was part of my liberal arts education at Hope College in Holland MI. But Renee and I discovered Pinochle which we like much better.

Mark

P.S. I'll stick with my stock in the co that makes HoHo's as long as Sam's around. :rolleyes: But thanks for the tip.

Terry - Glad you survived the bridge on the way home! I was kinda wondering how it would go with that wind.

As for the euchre, you better watch out. Sam and i will be practicing our table signals since we're not allowed table talk! :rolleyes:

KA CHUNK UNK! The mysterious stapler strikes again......

Mark,

IF Pinochle is your game, contact Bev. She likes to use her brain and the rest of us don't have one. Just don't bend her cards.

Where is that big dog from the North? Grrrr

Quiet is not A. Do you think that we may all be actually working this morning?

Coke with lime. Hot Damn.

The Euchre Champion of the World.

Au contraire my dear....i believe the 5 point tie breaker was won by none other than the 2 rookies...HA!

We are the champions! I know that hurts even more since we've only known how to play for 5 minutes or so....

Anyone interested in the game at the Bluegrass, bring drinks, we'll take care of the rest. But no schnapps, eh A.? :rolleyes:

Out of the kindness of my heart I will take a few moments out of my busy busy day to reiterate the top ten rules of euchre. Please feel free to download and print for future reference.

1. We play by Canadian rules, regardless of the actual geographical location of play. Becasue why? Because Canada RULES..

2. Once trump is called, the Jack of that suit become a Very Big Dog. GRRRRRR!

3. While not quite as big and fierce as his littermate, the Jack of the other suit of the same colour is still a Pretty Big Dog (grrrrrr!)

4. The Pretty Big Dog assumes the guise of of the suit called as trump for the duration of that hand.

5. Follow suit. Remember 4. when doing so.

6. IF YOU ORDER YOUR PARTNER UP YOU GO ALONE.

7. No Table Talk.

8. Agonizing over whether to order your partner up or asking what happens if you do is considered Table Talk.

9. Morose Muttering, Significant Glances, Winks, Nudges, Kicks, Symbolic Gestures, Anguished Pauses may all constitute Table Talk at the discretion of the Canadian participant.

10. Whupping the Canadian's butt within 5 minutes of learning the game is Bad Form but will not otherwise be penalized.

Andrea