BC Boards

Whistle Question

Diana A

That's just what was happening to me, Laura. The other day, I could sometimes get several good ones in a row but yesterday and today, it's been pretty much a bust for all my trying. Tomorrow is another day...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually when you get the hang of it fingers or a a whistle it becomse sort of second nature. I like a whistle for several reasons a main one is it leaves my hands free and I'm usually carrying something, walking stick, chuck-it, filled poo bag? :rolleyes:

My sheepdog whistle is a plastic one and I would like to get more range or at least a smoother transition between notes (called a gliss in music). Do the different types, shapes and materials make that much of a difference? I originally chose plastic because I loose and break things. I started with 4 and am down to 2. The one I wear and an extra carried in Jin's SD vest.

Do people ask you what your whistle is? I've had people think it was a religious symbol. :D Yes, it is; Church of the sheepdog.

I highly recommend Border Collies A and I have the corian. Somehow my order had gotten mixed up, I had ordered a book and a plastic whistle as it would be my first to try, with a CD and when they got my order straightened out she sent me a corian whistle no charge. I was so impressed with their service!!

Glad I can finally pay it forward so directly.