BC Boards

Calm, easy going neutered male BC available in Idaho

I am not judging you on your age. In my experience the people most open to ideas are young people. You *are* young which is a statement of fact and is not intended as a pejorative and carries no judgement. Being young is ... well, we've all been there, right?

I was saying that because you ARE young, you have an interesting and different (from me who is older) perspective and I was trying to acknowledge that. Your positions and opinions are no less valid, valuable or important - and may well be "righter" than mine.

It is, as you say, all about context. I was putting your comments in the context of your age and (likely) experience and framing my answer from my own.

I am truly sorry if it sounded judgemental. It's the academic in me which shows itself as pedant more often than it should. I apologize for the bad feeling.

You're right, of course, and it's not that you did anything wrong. It's a fair point. I suppose I've just gotten used to being judged for my age, and judged wrongly for it. At some point I start to just want to be seen for my opinions and not for the number of years I've been around. When someone brings up my age in a conversation that previously had nothing to do with age, it's uncomfortable because I can't tell to what extent they've been judging me based on my youth. I'm not saying you were, that's just why it made me uncomfortable. I know (or think) now that that you are probably not that kind of person, so no harm done. Context is great. Go context. Thank you for explaining (and apologies to the OP for getting so far off topic).