• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Anda

Anda

One of a kind! :)

• Registered Users
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

Oh my gosh!! Atleast he is excited about it, eh? These are great pics Anda. I'm thinking this went a wee bit better than agility?? :rolleyes:

Amy,

No doubt this was waay more exciting than agility, for both Ouzo and I :D At least no one yelled at us for him marking everything. He even entered a pi$$ing contest with one of the resident Border Collies, Ben (a true working sheep dog), they both took turns peeing in the drinking water and in the pool, time after time. That's his kind of hang-out place :D

We're still going to have fun at agility, but there are too many rules for the kind of free spirit that abounds in Ouzo and defines him!

#22 Michelle K

Michelle K

Gotta Love Those Herding Dogs!

• Registered Users
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Obedience, Agility, Herding, Therapy work, Schutzhund, Reading, Writing

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:03 AM

Wow! Great pics and good job. :rolleyes: Looking forward to hearing how he does in the future visits! :D
~Michelle~
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience."- Woodrow Wilson

#23 jay7347

jay7347

• Registered Users
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Digital Illustrator, my Border Collies, running

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

Heh, heh, that's great to see Anda. Seeing Ouzo on sheep just brought the biggest smile to my face. Good to see it happening in Colorado. Wish I could try Derry on sheep but frankly I don't think she's cut out for it. Ellie is but starting a nine year old might not be a good idea. Have yourself a great time but don't be too hard on Ouzo. My bet would be that each time you'll see loads of improvement, especially with a fine trainer!
Best of Luck!
-jay

#24 hoku's mum

hoku's mum

Live Aloha

• Registered Users
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, gardens, hiking, all things creative

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:17 PM

Yippee for Ouzo! Looks like he had a blast... So great you are doing this.
Kristin, Hoku and Gussy

#25 WyoBC

WyoBC

Do you herd what I herd?

• Registered Users
  • 2,425 posts
  • Interests:I love Border Collies. Ever since I was little I was amazed what these guys could do. I do herding, agility, and some frisbee with my Border Collie, Black Jack. He is a 3 year old rescued BC.

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:10 AM

Way to go Ouzo!!!! That's awesome. It was the best day ever right? It was for me when I first took Black Jack to go work sheep. It's the greatest to see them work. Awesome pictures too :rolleyes:

#26 Zoe

Zoe

• Registered Users
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:49 AM

Wow ! Great pictures and he really looks like he was calming down toward the end. I think he did just fine ! I was looking forward to these pics :D I'm not posting much as I've gotten really busy but I wish you the best with whatever you and Ouzo do. I read your agility post but didn't respond as we quit after 3 lessons :rolleyes: Please keep posting pics - I'll keep looking at them.

#27 Guest_pax_*

Guest_pax_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:31 AM

Wow, for a first time I'd say he shows tonnes of potential.

Those are great action shots, a lot of times I look at working shots and have a hard time trying to figure out what's what.

#28 Becki's Boys

Becki's Boys

• Registered Users
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:43 AM

Great photos. Ouzo looks great out there.
Jack-BC/Aussie
Lance-Rough Collie(4/26/96-2/12/07 RIP My Love)
Princess Arwen Evenstar-Sheltie

Odin-GSD
Becki-Lance, Jack, and Star and Odin's Human

Jack's Dogster page
Lance's Dogster page
Star's Dogster page

#29 Anda

Anda

One of a kind! :)

• Registered Users
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:32 AM

Glad you liked the pictures! So that's what it was, Ouzo wanted to make sure all his pictures were "action pictures", duhhh... that's why he didn't stay still a second... why didn't I realize it before :rolleyes:

Speaking of action pictures, here are a few more - pardon the fence, but those were the first ones I took after I came out of the pen and I was "afraid" to get closer over the fence, not to "disturb" the student/teacher relationship. Phew! A supersonic plane couldn't have broken his attention at this point.

Wouldn't this be a great (insane) picture without the fence?

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's the "herding" Rottweiller I mentioned earlier. So you won't think I'm making it up.

Posted Image

And Ouzo couldn't be Ouzo without showing some disrespectful tongue

Posted Image

#30 TaliC2007

TaliC2007

• Registered Users
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

Those are great pictures Anda. Very exciting, and just as I already knew he would, Ouzo looks fabulous herding sheep :D. When are you going back?

He even entered a pi$$ing contest with one of the resident Border Collies, Ben (a true working sheep dog), they both took turns peeing in the drinking water and in the pool, time after time.

:rolleyes: :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.