BC Boards

Any advice welcome

Claire Owen

Hi, this is only a minor problem. Does anyone know what I can give Bailey to bung him up a bit, he's had an upset stomach (diarrhea) all day and is 'asking' to do out frequently. I hope its not related with the sore on his neck. Bless him he's not having a very good week! Think I'll be making an appointment with the vet tomorrow at this rate!

Poor guy.

You can keep up his food today, just offer plenty of nice clean water to keep him hydrated. If it's really bad you'd give him plain meat broth (no salt) tomorrow - but you can probably go to boiled chicken tomorrow instead - with plain white rice if you do grains. Keep him on that for one day after he clears up.

Oatmeal instead of the rice is fine too. So is cheap white bread.

You can also try adding a bit of canned pumpkin to his food - that should help to firm up his stools. Also, if it is really bad I think Pepto Bismal can be used, but double check that with your vet beforehand as I don't have my handy-dandy reference guide with me at work...

Hope he feels better soon!

The rice worked well for us when Tiga had diahrrea from worms. We started with all rice, the same amount as we would have given in kibble for the first day, then slowly mix in the kibble with it the next day 1/4 kibble, 3/4 rice. Then 1/2 and 1/2 the next day, etc.

Chicken and rice works so well for my guys when they get a bit ahem..."soft."

The canned pumpkin (not the pie mix, I know) turned this house into the stinkiest place on the block! Poor Buddy. He'd let out a "toot" - jump up startled that a sound came from HIM. Get of whiff of it and then leave the room!

Ohhh...it was bad. We stay away from canned pumpkin now. VERY far away...

D