BC Boards

Working dogs at Robin's this weekend

juliepoudrier

Robin,

is that the Toy Hauler Puma?

I won't be at the VBCA trial, will be in Florida to visit my mother, who is turning 80. A very good friend is coming to my farm to watch all my dogs for me, as my husband is still unable to take care of them.

My last trial for this season is in NY this coming weekend.

Will you be in Canada again this year? I'll be headed up there, and hopefully Ben will be able to run. He has started working again, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that his rehab continues on schedule. He is still not doing any outruns or shedding, but is doing short flanks, mainly to his unoperated side (so is there a course that he will only have to do away flanks :-), and driving.

Nancy O

hopefully Ben will be able to run. He has started working again, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that his rehab continues on schedule. He is still not doing any outruns or shedding, but is doing short flanks, mainly to his unoperated side (so is there a course that he will only have to do away flanks :-), and driving.

Nancy O

This goes to show how out of it I am. What happened to Ben?

J.

Nancy - it's the 19FS, not a toy hauler. I really liked the layout, there's a lot in there for a small trailer - couch, dinette, full bed, decent bath. And the price was nice. I figure if i love it i might go to a bigger/nicer one in a couple of years. It feels just right for now though.

Wish you were going to be at the VBCA trial! I thought about the NY one but decided against it. And i entered the CA trials but pulled, though i'm still itching to head up there again. That was so much fun last year. There's just not enough going on before the Finals this year. I keep hoping something will pop up for the first part of September at least.

Good news on Ben! Hope he keeps on recovering well. How are those pups off of him doing? I can't wait to see some of them, Ben's such a good one.

Robin asked "How are those pups off of him doing? I can't wait to see some of them, Ben's such a good one."

well, let's see, Nick is a Ben pup :-) Has done well as a 4 year old this year :-)

Gunner, who is 1 1/2 is coming along, driving nice.

The year old pups, the one is just getting started and the other had surgery when he slipped on the steps and fell and then bounced off the steps and then onto the concrete pavers below and didn't get up right away, he chipped his shoulder, he is still in hobbles.

Brynn is just 3 months, my avataar picture. She is nicknamed Bratty Brynn, and yes a female, out of Barbara Ray's Britt.

Robin, wish you were going to Canada again. My 20 ft trailer is just right for me, tows easily. Hope to see you at the Finals.

Julie, Ben tore his shoulder up and had surgery in Jan. He's been lame for over a year and a half, that plus lymes. The first ortho I took him to, said he would never work again. Took him to Dr Canapp in MD, who did his surgery and has gotten him back and working again. I'll send his entry in for the Finals and then make a decision after the Canadian trials as to whether I'll run him or pull his entry. He's not worked or trialed since last fall.

Nancy O

Mac is Steve Paxton-Hill's dog. I am running him at 2 trials for Steve. Steve at the moment is not working or running dogs. Guess I've had Mac for 3 weeks now. He's is a very nice dog and a good listener. He is on opposite whistles from my dogs, that's fun!

Mac is bred the same way as my Ben, but he is younger, guess he is 3 1/2 now. He is the dog that Steve got reserve champion at the canadian nursery finals last year with.

Nancy O