BC Boards

Paxton Valley Sheepdog Trial

airbear

We had pretty much every kind of weather, from wicked wind storms to rain, to really nice sun. For the most part, it was sunny but mild, and neither the dogs nor the sheep got too hot. Dirty, yes. Hot, no.

Linc starts his outrun:

DSC_8772.jpg

Picking up a straggler:

DSC_8782.jpg

Powering by a panel:

DSC_8644.jpg

Moving the group to the shedding ring:

DSC_8651.jpg

And shedding just fine:

DSC_8652.jpg

Ben flies by on his outrun:

DSC_8604.jpg

Covering the draw:

DSC_8601.jpg

Looking very fluffy:

DSC_8613.jpg

And cooling off after his run:

DSC_8626.jpg

Thank you for sharing us such wonderful pictures. I love to see herding dogs at work. Could you reach a good result?

My female Australian Shepherd is learning herding and my female Border Collie does herding work with ducks, sheep and cows. Some times a year we also take part at different trials.

How did Lou do?

I thought he did quite well. The judge thought otherwise. :rolleyes: You really got hammered if you were off line. On Saturday, we had what I thought wasn't an antrocious drive, made both panels, straight line to the shedding ring, and he left us with ... 7. I'll accept the 19 off the fetch as we never were anywhere close to being on line, but I didn't think the drive was *that* bad. Oh well, everyone got hit for messy lines, so no point complaining.

His outrun and lift were very pretty as usual. And I didn't fall of the bale of hay at the post, so that was nice too.