BC Boards

UNDER THE HANDLERS TENT...

tucknjill

Robin, I can't wait to see the "Spink" pups (I must admit Zac is my fave). Kate is coming over this weekend and I hope we'll have time, in between trial days at Lena's, so she can show me Rose.

I am glad you (and everyone else watching Jim's run at Edgeworth on Sunday) finally got to see my pup work. Unfortunately, it should have been during puppy play day AFTER the trial. I was so embarrassed. But, at least I can now say that 7 month old Tweed has run (and run and run and run) on the Edgeworth trial field.

I will also try to post some pics from Edgeworth today or tomorrow.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, well since he wasn't an "official" entry, I guess I am safe.

Robin, I would have been glad to pay Flo an extra entry fee. I thought she was going to have my head (or Tweed's head) :eek: , but she just laughed and said "That's OK, it happens." When I was getting ready to run Mick, Melinda even thanked me for providing some excitement.

And of course, after it was all done and I felt comfortable enough to return to the crowd, I wanted to know how far out he ran, was it a good outrun and did he look good? :rolleyes: Typical BC puppy owner.

I only wish Denise or Mark had been there with a camera to capture the action!

The reason he drifted off was that I was not paying 100% attention to his whereabouts - the three of us were talking about what else.... pictures.

And no Denise, it is not your fault. I should have put the dogs up. In my older years, it's gotten too difficult to do two things at the same time anymore. Wish I was young again like Sam... a mere baby at 35! :rolleyes:

Christine, it is wonderful when someone as talented and experienced as you can have a totally embarassing moment at a trial. It sure makes the rest of us who are neither talented nor experienced feel much better!

As for you "feeling your age", you are still a youngster yourself! At least from MY point of view. I don't ever expect to make it out of Novice - my dog is young and handler-challenged!

And, your photos are beautiful, too! It's just not fair that some folks do so many things so well. At least the rest of us get to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

Signed, someone who sat in your chair once and you had to tell me to move. I'll get this trial etiquette down sometime.

Sue, I told you to move? I sure hope I did it politely! I usually just go sit in someone else's chair if mine is taken, unless those are all taken as well. Actually I think proper trial etiquette is sitting in someone else's chair. :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't call myself talented and experienced, just lucky. Thank you just the same!

Why do I always manage to miss seeing Alasdair MacRae run any dog, much less the wonderful Bill! At least I got to see the picture. Thanks!

Christine, it was at this year's Seclusival Open, and I thought the proper etiquette was to sit wherever there was an empty. I sat in your front row seat as my second row chair was occupied by someone. Since your alternative when you came back was to sit in the miserable seat next to your own, I think you did the smart thing. You nicely pointed out that I was in your chair, and I moved.

I felt, as a mere spectator at my first big trial, quite intimidated by just about everybody. I have never had the courage to ask anybody to move out of my chair because the folks I find sitting in it are "real" dog handlers, not just "wannabees" like me.

Anyway, you live up to what everybody has told me about you, nice, polite, and kind, not to mention a wonderful photographer!

At least you get to be there in person to have a chair, Sue!

I can either save my money for a trip to the US to be at trials in person - or I can spend it on gas to get to sheep, and lessons and sheep practice. No contest, really is there - much as I would like to actually see you guys and your dogs.

Ok Robin at what point was I sitting on my butt watching Tweed run??? If you will recall, I was the one catching the little bugger with Dee and Ellen....Nice balance that dog has btw!!!! Ohhhhhhh this is Sam signing off, finger planted firmly over face...! Hope you guys had fun at work today, I sure did!!!! bhahahhahahahahahha

Tassie, you are making the right choice, sheep, lessons, and sheep practice! I would do the same thing in your place.

Don't they ever have trials in Australia? Of course, it's a big country and even if they did, it might be too far to go.

I have to travel normally about 5 or 6 hours each way to a trial, and travel 3 hours each way to a lesson. So, my lessons are about once a month, I only go to a few trials each year, and Ihave to just work with the cattle at home in between.

But, I have the two dogs and have the cattle, and I am just grateful for whatever I am able to learn, do, practice, accomplish (this is questionable), and enjoy! Same to you!

It's a pretty sad reflection on the trainer when 4 people have trouble catching a puppy! I bet you were all asking yourselves why the heck haven't I taught him a lie down yet? Better get on that right away.... just in case... Lena's trial is this weekend. Anyone need a rerun? :rolleyes:

BTW, many thanks to Sam, Dee and Ellen for trying to round up the little demon!

Sam, Tweed knew it was you out there trying to catch him. He'd had a chat with Tucker beforehand and found out he actually has 7 years to take a lie down. :rolleyes:

BTW, who won the bet on where Tuck would stop on the fetch at Edgeworth?

Also, I forgot to congratulate you on your 2nd with him on Sunday! Beautiful run and great work!