BC Boards

Craigslist Ads

Are the ones in your area as bad as the ones here?

Border Collie Cassie needs a home and a job. (Nampa)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to:comm-pm7hb-1192585321@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-05-27, 10:25PM MDT

Looking to re-home 1-year-old Cassie because I just can't keep up with her needs. Cassie needs a home where she can keep busy. Since she is a herding dog, she would be great on a farm or a ranch or anywhere that she can be given lots of interaction. She is smart and affectionate, and wants to please. Her parents were both pure-bread AKC Border Collies. Please don't call if you would have to leave her alone or cooped up. I am asking for a small ($25) re-homing fee.

Call 919-9277. No emails please.

9zsjk5.jpg

You mean like this one?

Willing to take partial trade for a 6 month old registered male bull terrier puppy, for a 6-8 week old registered border collie female.

email if interested

:rolleyes:

Or this gem:

Looking to buy a FULL BLOOD BORDER COLLIE PUPPY with or without papers from 8weeks to 6months old. Puppy MUST be black and white, and MUST be a MALE! Would like puppy to be from working parents either one or both. Please reply with pic of puppy and parents (if available) and price of puppy. Am looking for a puppy to train to replace my husbands beloved "GUS", who passed away last year. Promise to provide a good loving home in the Arbuckle Mountains with plenty of room to romp and play (as well as work cattle). Need before FATHERS DAY-will pick up within 100miles of Davis, Oklahoma.

*Please do not respond to ad if your puppy is not a FULL Border Collie, as we do not want a mixed breed. Thank You.

I've only see a few in our area, they seemed to get snapped up pretty quick. We've had people posting looking for border collies, to be farm dogs. They know that they have a chance at getting a halfway useful one from the city, if it doesn't work they just shoot it or let the stock take care of it.

I did notice an ad at the farm store yesterday "Border Collie Puppies, ready mid June, Top Quality, Black/White", I googled the phone number this morning, it's our local pony trader again that insists he has good working dogs that will hold a gate...yeah, the dog is so scared of stock that it stays in the gateway while you go in, I guess they will hold the gate, as long as the stock wants to stay in, if the stock wants out they will hold it open for them too (gg), oh yeah, their good at taking up space under the trailer too while you try to load. Sorry, I shouldn't be that way, it's just annoying when I know we will end up with another round of new owners wanting help training their Top Quailty Border Collie. :rolleyes:

How's this one?

Lost Dog on Hwy 55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-cecub-1161800807@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-05-08, 9:52PM MDT

Black border collie mix jumped from truck on Fri May 8th. She is wearing collar with hearts and had blue and white leash. Please call 208 412-4728

Yeah ... I should call them ... and tell them what idiots they are for letting their dog ride in the back of the truck like that.

Yup, get 'em here, too. Someone forwarded this one to me over the weekend:

Elvis the border collie (shady hills)

Reply to:comm-299r7-1186764038@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-05-24, 3:23PM EDT

Elvis is 1 yr old he is crate trained house broke herds fetches loves his toys is very affectionate. He is black and white with patch over left eye. he has one brown and one blue eye. he is adorable. I need to rehome him as I am moving to Kentucky cant bring him with. 100.00 rehoming fee. can only text a pic at this time. also have 4 of his siblings 5 weeks old

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1186764038

:rolleyes:

"We have a 8.5 year old Retriever-Duck Tolling-retriever mix. She is very friendly with older children and adults. She is a great dog, we just don't have the room anymore for two dogs anymore."

There are tons in our area. The worst is when the humane society gets owner surrenders because the owner re-decorated and the pet no longer "goes" with their furniture.

It's a bit different here in the San Diego metro area. We get those really sad ads where people are trying to give away a young (12-18 months, usually) border collie who surprised them by being an active dog. But we also get a lot where people are looking to find a border collie, e.g., this week's --

Wanted (Bonsall)

Date: 2009-05-22, 9:05PM PDT

Looking for young Australian shepherd?border collie? Or mix of working dogs. Young female. MUST get along with cats, dogs and horses. Can offer good home.

I'm not allowed to look at the Pets section of Craigslist anymore.

We would have a house full.........

I don't allow myself to read the pet section on craigslist anymore. Not usually many BC's but lots of other poor animals. A friend sent this to me earlier today, I figured you all might enjoy. Hope it makes you smile.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pet/1193224100.html

Really need help. MUST GO!!!

Date: 2007-11-02, 5:03PM EDT

Please help! After two long years of being on a waiting list for a dog, we have been notified by breed rescue that, at long last, our number has come up and ... WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children up for adoption this weekend!

They are described as:

One male -- his name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female -- her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry blonde hair, green eyes quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy and can be affectionate. Gets along well with other

little girls and little boys but does not like to share her toys and

therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training. Shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them. That is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here! They MUST be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

OK, here's my local "fav" :

"I'm a single 38 year old man looking to date a lady 19-40 years old. Movies, dinner, etc. Also to go on Imperial Majesty Cruise to Florida and Bahamas in June 2009, 8-10 days. Call Shane, xxx-xxx-xxxx. Three puppies, $25 each. Trailer for rent, $400/month."

These ads are so incredibly cheap - ya might as well put everything in 'em you want or want to get rid of.....

Wonder if the pups were born under the trailer, where the deal fell apart with the previous "lady" to go on the cruise....

Argh.

diane

I saw this very obnoxious ad a week or so ago, but couldn't find it again. But it basically said something along the lines of...11 month old spayed lab mix, 40 lbs, loves other dogs/kids/people, needs to go to owner w/ experience or someone who will go through obedience classes, she is very hyper and doesn't have good manners. Loves to go to the dog park, but I don't have time and my yard is too small. Adoption fee of $50 or will trade for jack russell or similar terrier breed puppy, no older than 3 months, I will provide a great home for a smaller dog, I didn't think a lab would get so big.

Are you kidding :rolleyes: Where's the head banging icon?

This one just came up in my e-mail account via Freecycle, for joy, poor dog...

Here's the add I put on CL without any response.

My son got Bailey, but he's unable (maybe unwilling?) to take care of her. She's a rot/australian shepherd mix, so she's good sized. She is trained to go to the door, but she does have accidents. She was born on Oct. 10, 2008, so she's almost 8 months old. She's a great dog, but she needs room to run and someone who can spend more time with her.

She does not have her rabies shot. She's not spayed. She is a special needs dog. What this means is that she has anxiety issues. When she is left home, she chews on shoes, etc. even if she has a million chewies available. She has nightmares that cause her to wet herself. If she gets too frightened (like someone raising their voice at her), she will wet herself. I'm sure the right, calm, home with lots of exercise and a crate will help with her issues, but unfortunately, we just can't do it. She is used to kids, cats and other dogs. She deserves better than what she has here. For that reason, I'm not asking for a rehoming fee, just a home visit. Please leave your phone number, location and a brief description of the life you can provide her in your email.

Thank you for helping me find her a forever home.

I will reply with a picture. Thanks

• 2 years later...

"Teelo is a border collie cross. He is a fun-loving, affectionate, well bahaved little dog.

He is 5 months old, fully vacc., lead trained, house trained, can sit, lie down and give paw, and is great with children/other animals.

He needs a fun home with lots of activity and space to run around.

Heartbreakingly, we cannot give him the space he needs here with us as he is getting to big for our garden.

Must go to loving home."

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/2291063

Sure. This ad came up on the local CL pet section recently:

http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/pet/2470919309.html

Border Collie Pup (under 1 yr old) Small adoption fee of $80 with crate, large bag of food. My cats are not agreeing with him and they will no longer come inside.

He's a white Border Collie with a great personality! He's a really friendly guy. 604.977.2305 :)

Then they dumped him at AC claiming they had found him. Although the ACO on duty had seen the advert and got the owner to fess up.

Now he's in foster care with us :)

RDM

OK, here's my local "fav" :

"I'm a single 38 year old man looking to date a lady 19-40 years old. Movies, dinner, etc. Also to go on Imperial Majesty Cruise to Florida and Bahamas in June 2009, 8-10 days. Call Shane, xxx-xxx-xxxx. Three puppies, $25 each. Trailer for rent, $400/month."

These ads are so incredibly cheap - ya might as well put everything in 'em you want or want to get rid of.....

Wonder if the pups were born under the trailer, where the deal fell apart with the previous "lady" to go on the cruise....

Argh.

diane

Anyone notice he'll go 20 years younger on his wimmin, but only 2 years older?! Ha!

I am glad you are fostering too. There are lots of craigs list ads and freecycle ads for BCs in my area. Luckily BC rescue gets a lot of the dogs. Our little girl we adopted had a similar story. They had apparently placed a free to a good home ad when a BC rescue volunteer saw it and went and got her. She was over a year old, unsocialized sp not good with other dogs or people, and was terrified of everything. And she was iintact. I would hate to think what would have happened to her if just anyone would have picked her up.

Unfortunately, I also know of a person that picks up dogs from these ads and breeds them just adding to the problem.

"Border Collie pups need to go this week (Kuna)

We have a boy and a girl. Just found out they are mixed with a lab. We are asking a re homing fee of $50 to ensure a good home. Please call or text 208-570-8216 if interested."

Yep <_<

"Border Collie pups need to go this week (Kuna)

We have a boy and a girl. Just found out they are mixed with a lab. We are asking a re homing fee of $50 to ensure a good home. Please call or text 208-570-8216 if interested."

Yep <_<

So ... they were happy with them until they found out they were mixed? That ad doesn't even make sense! Sounds like the neighborhood lab got hold of their border collie bitch and now they're trying to get rid of the puppies....

J.

So ... they were happy with them until they found out they were mixed? That ad doesn't even make sense! Sounds like the neighborhood lab got hold of their border collie bitch and now they're trying to get rid of the puppies....

J.

Exactly.