BC Boards

Question...Western States Regional Championship Stockdog Trial, Sept 27-29

I see it's being hosted by Geri Byrne, and that means it will be an excellent trial, good sheep, good field, good competition.

There is a Facebook page and it's also listed on the USBCHA website under upcoming trials, with Geri's contact information and a link to Geri's website.

Details are still emerging but the trial will be in the Tulelake area. It will likely be both an Open trial and District 1 Championship with qualifying runs and a final day Double Lift Championship. I'm not sure who the judge will be. The field might be an alfalfa field.....I would expect a big and challenging field. The sheep will be commercial undogged ewes....either range ewes or from a commercial flock.

Thanks for the additional info, I will keep checking the other sites. I would be coming from Hawaii, there are no trials over here, don't even know of any large sheep ranches, here on the Big Island it's mostly about cattle and from what I hear ATVs are used often.

It should be a top rate trial to see some great dog work as well as a Double Lift Championship.

Another thought for this time of year is Trailing of the Sheep SDT in ID.....I haven't been myself but I've heard great things about it and it is in the midst of a fun festival and a destination for tourism.

Vashon Island and Lacamas would also be great trials to attend....Lacamas also has a DL Championship (info at: www.LVSDT.com )

Thanks again for the additional info, I was planning on going to the Lacamas trial in August, as I was going to be in the Seattle area round that time, but plans had changed. Maybe good they did change, August is an expensive time to travel to and from Hawaii :), high tourist season and all.