BC Boards

Border Collie Registeries

Northof49

pardon if this doubles up--I think I failed to enter my last version correctly and it has disappeared.

Found both my dogs on this listing, and I don't like it. I prefer to think that I am in control of where my dogs are registered and how their information is presented. I do think that the way this "registry" got their information is through an AKC obedience show catalog where they were both present.

Sue, I'm pretty sure you're right. For those of you whose dogs are listed, you should write and ask them to be removed. I don't think they could be registered there without your permission, though if it is MAH, good luck.

I just perused the site. There are lots of opportunities for folks to spend money, but I couldn't find any information whatsoever on who the officers are, who runs the registry, or any sort of incorporation status. It would be interesting to contact them and just ask them who they are. The answer (or non-answer) could be very enlightening!

J.

Dear Friends,

While I can't think this new registry will ever become much of a player I do worry that someone with a little bit of sheepdog savvy and a tremendous amount of web design savvy will open up shop. It wouldn't be hard to make the ABCA and USBCHA sites look like last century's news. Neither is as nearly as good or lively as Border Collie.org. The ABCA does list its 2011-2012 elected directors at the top of their news page.

Donald McCaig

There is an ABCA studbook?

Other "junk" registries take information from any and every registry/set of registration papers that they choose, just like AKC does when an ABCA or ISDS dog is dual-registered. Assimilating into the collective, and all that. And I don't think there is a thing you can do about it but maybe there is.

MAH is fond of listing people's dogs on her website when the people would rather have *nothing* to do with her and her kind. I've known of folks with disclaimers on their websites because they have been linked by her to her website without their permission or desire to be so.

I think everyone might want to check and raise a stink if they see their dogs' pedigree listed there.

They have over 500 pages of pedigrees listed...........some that I checked are incorrect. I don't think there is anything that can be done about it. The ones they have listed link to a 4 generation pedigree......some of those are also incorrect(of the few I knew and checked) Wherever they are getting their info it is obvious from missing info like owners, breeders etc that they probably don't have any kind of "official" permission to list much of their info.....

I once transported two GSD bitches, and one had come with her "registry" papers from a junk registry. All those papers consisted of was that dog's name and number in the junk registry, and no information whatsoever for her sire and dam (no registry name, no breeder names, no registry numbers - so you had absolutely no idea what her lineage/background was) - but, she was "registered" and therefore worth more and could produce "registered" puppies that could be sold for more.

These sorts of "registries" are like all sorts of made-up "registries" you can find to "register" just about anything - and, as the ads will state, make that something "worth more". Yeah, right, just to the ignorati, and there are plenty of those, and more born every minute.

I may hate AKC in many ways, but at least their paperwork (like that of ABCA) does provide information.

I guess my question would be, WHY would they have my dogs listed on their web page? No dogs I own or have bred have ever been registered with them, so who entered their data and why? Most pedigree databases I know about require someone (dog owner, puppy buyer, etc) to go to the web page and physically enter the pedigree. I don't know anyone who would do that with that particular registry.

Sue, I don't know if you can buy an ABCA stud book. Maybe you can purchase electronic records? Just throwing ideas out.

This IBCA registry was set up by MAH within days of her being suspended from membership in the ABCA in 2006. It's been discussed here before -- search IBCA for prior threads. She has done everything possible to obscure her connection with it. The registry was incorporated in NJ, but when last I checked it was no longer in good standing there, because it has never filed the required annual reports listing officers and directors.

She does grab names and pictures from other sites and sources and put them on this site and her various other sites, presumably to give her enterprise an air of legitimacy and importance. For example, there's a nice picture of Donald on the "Notable Dogs and People" page, and I very much doubt he authorized its use.

Northof49, I'd be curious what caused you to ask about this registry, if you don't mind saying.

Send multiple DMCA takedown notices for copyright abuse to that registry web hosting company (GoDaddy). Prepare to have to substantiate but they legally will have to comply and remove all infringing material then suspend the account.

Have to do it by the book though if not GoDadddy won't do it...

http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=TRADMARK_COPY

Sure it can pop up elsewhere but... makes it harder to do business...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Dwight Parker is a HA sheepdog AND cowdog guy. His dog that won at the Cattle dog Finals is ranked in the top 25 open sheepdog list too. I don't see anywhere where Dwight exchanged links with this person. Looks like she did an Internet search of cow dog trainers to mine info.