BC Boards

More thirst!

Findus

I post this as a new topic, even if I been going on about this before. I had the feeling that our Border Collie puppie was drinking way to much water which of course lead to quite a few "accidents" on our kitchen floor. I started to measure her intake of water and today she drank approx 800 ml. I wasn't to worried about this until I got an email from someone who asked their vet an he said that the intake shouldn't exceed 60 ml per kg body weight and day. This means 350 ml for our 12 week old puppie. For me that sounds very little, and the advice was also to see a vet if the intake came up to 600 ml. Anyone who has a clue how much your dog drinks per day? We give her dry food but add some water to this as well (approx 50 ml)and as we are living in Thailand it is quite hot even if she stay in a less hot area during the heat peak of the day.

Thanks for your quick answers. I hope you are on the right track, Trailrider. When searching on internet it is a long list of possible causes, all mortal!! I am going to more civilized areas in the end of this week and I will bring some urine to a lab for a check up.