BC Boards

Kongs and titbits???

Usually we stuff small Mother Hubbard variety cookies in Annie's Kong. On occasion, we will also soak (marinate?) dry kibble in a low-sodium broth/water mixture, fill the Kong, and freeze it; Annie has something to occupy herself for a longer period of time.

As far as rewards go, we buy small Italian-style frozen meatballs and cut them up into VERY small pieces. The dogs love the garlic, and the small amount is good for them. But make sure you have some type of pre-moistened wipes for your hands. We also use all-natural bologna, also cut into very small pieces.

We use liver snaps, dog biscuits, peanut butter and various small kibble treats in the Kong and Biscuit Ball.

For treats/rewards we use (sparingly) clementine or mandarin orange slices; very small thin slices of apple and things like pieces of Pupperoni, small cubes of ham, a tsp. of tuna fish or small pieces of beef.

I use peanut butter, kibble, bologna, ham . . . lots of different stuff.

Odin likes his Kong, but if there's something stuck in the small end he gets very frustrated and starts to whine very quietly. :rolleyes:

For the Kongs, I make a mixture of a handful of kibble, chopped up carrots, plain yogurt and a little bit of peanut butter. I then freeze the Kong, makes it last longer. Sometimes I might use apples or cheese, anything healthy is good.

For training treats, I use something with a higher "value" than biscuits. I use low-fat string cheese or turkey hotdogs. Another good idea is Natural Balance rolls-cut those up in tiny pieces, and they're a bit hit.

LOL THAT'S why I didn't say anything! About 35yrs ago, my brother, was stationed in England. He sent me a letter telling me, although it was hard, and he knew in the long run it was better for him, he was quitting fags! It took me three days to show daddy the letter! Of course daddy had been stationed there to when I was a baby, so he really played it up for me. I didn't know which I wanted to kill worse!

And now I have a niece that lives there (brother married an english girl)has lived there practically all her life, and there are several times things have been funny in translation on both sides!

He sent me a letter telling me, although it was hard, and he knew in the long run it was better for him, he was quitting fags!
Oh . . . My . . . GOD!!! I can't stop laughing!

Hahahahaha . . . I can't wait to tell my hubby that story when he gets home from work!

the ones that still make me roar with laughter are.....

pants, for you they mean what we call trousers, for us they are underwear.

fanny, i think (oh gods i do hope i'm right) means bottom? as in when someone slaps your fanny? for us it means, ummmmm ladies 'parts' if you get my meaning!

imagine my shock when i read this on another post

Cheyenne- Chey-annie, with the big fat fannie!

snigger snigger snigger etc etc

and can i please ask what 'fag' means for you guys?
Fag=homosexual
In some contexts, "fag" is a demeaning homophobic term for homosexuals. In the context in which it was presented by Dixie Girl, however, I believe that it refers to cigarettes.

Yes, Dixie, I know: Go to my crate!

LOL!!! :rolleyes:

I stuff the Kong with anything that will fit in there (assuming that she likes it and it's okay for her to eat).

Personally I wouldn't give it to her at bedtime because she makes so much noise rolling and bumping it around. If your dog sleeps in a crate, that would probably be even louder!

But maybe some dogs just sit down quietly and empty their Kong, and mine is just nutty :D .