BC Boards

Bute

Sue R

Sue, I'm just heartbroken for you. I don't know how I missed this, but I'm so terribly sorry to hear this news. Lots of warm thoughts and prayers headed your way today. Bute was obviously very special - and very well loved.

Here's my little contribution - Bute at his first Jack Knox clinic in Jan '07:

100_0487.jpg

100_0485.jpg

100_0447.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for reviving those photos, Laura! He was a slinky little guy when he worked or played and I'm going to make sure I save those to my hard disk now. He was just 10 months old at that clinic.

Ed, who is still prone to tears (as I am) over losing Bute, has asked me to make him a file with all his photos and memories of "Bute stories" and other remembrances. These will be a part of that. I'm still just a bit too raw to do it all now, but am gathering bits and pieces.

It's very heart-warming to see both friends and "ether-friends" express their condolences, and I feel a level of support that is really very helpful and kind.

Thanks to all who have cared about our loss and showed their concern. It has been a great support.

I have run out of words over the sadness I read here. All I can do is give you my hugs. *hugs*

Sue - I sent you a private message...but wanted to express again how sorry I am for your loss. I remember that clinic that Laura posted a picture from. I also remember the Jack Knox clinic in Maryland (?) not long after that where I got to spend more time with you, Celt, and Bute.

My heart aches for your loss.

Rachel

A tribute to Bute - I'm sorry he left you so soon.

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill

Oh Sue....

I just logged in after not being here in a while...

I'm so sorry - he left you way too soon and I know it hurts.

He had a wonderful life with you and don't you dare beat yourself up about not doing more...I'd love to come back as one of your dogs!

My best to you and your family...

Angie & Binx

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill

That's beautiful. Worth printing and keeping.

Pam

Sue, I am so very sorry for your loss. Your tributes, both words and pictures, make it very clear how lovable and how loved Bute was. I know those regrets and "what if"s so well. Please don't let them overshadow the happy memories and the good times you and Ed had with Bute. A loving relationship like that is priceless, even when the material part is gone.