BC Boards

We let Kris go very early this morning as he was having nonstop seizures. Thank you all for your support, kind words and thoughts, prayers, and the generosity you've shwn our family at this time.

We do long term fostering and training, so though these aren't "our" dogs, even when they go to great placements they leave big holes here. There's a great big screaming hole today. My gosh, I just looked at the clock and it's taken me an hour to write these few little words.

I'm kicking myself now that I don't have any pictures of Kris doing what he loved best, but I cobbled together something with the words of one of my favorite semi-secular songs and thought I'd share. Apologies to those on dialup.

KrisTrees.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear this. Even having done this from the "other" side (as a vet) I can only imagine how tough this has been for you and your family. FWIW, if the seizures were not controllable in an in-hospital setting, you had no chance of controlling them at home, so this was really your only option and it was clearly the right thing to do. It doesn't make it easy, but I hope that knowing you did right by Kris is of some comfort.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Kris. You have my sympathy. Such a blessing for him to have such compassionate people to love and care for him.

Becca, thank you for being there for him. I can only imagine how painful this was for you all. I know that you went above and beyond to give him a fighting chance.

Sorry to hear about Kris' passing. Do they have any idea what was causing all the seizing?

anna

Rebecca, I am so sorry to hear about Kris. I know you did all that was possible. It's hard enough when we know the why, but when we don't have that it is harder still. RIP Kris. Go work some sheep where you will never get tired and the grass is always green.

Comfort comes from strange places sometimes. Find yours where you can.

I know you did what's best for Kris. To bad it has to be so hard on the rest.

Our prayers are sent your way.

Kristen