BC Boards

Where to find an ABCA approved breeders directory?

Rick, before this topic flies off the wall, let me explain something...

Because so many dogs find themselves in the shelters or just plain abandoned, bc board members have a soft spot for adoptions and are very sensitive toward the issue of irresponsible breeding. Actually, IMHO the sentiment goes somewhat to breeding in general whether responsible or not, as there are already too many neglected bcs in need of a caring home.

I've seen several new members' posts spinning into a heated debate and the post count just goes higher and higher due to some initial misunderstanding. In the end, no one has proved the other party wrong and then new member just leaves the board discouraged/angry/frustrated.

Though there are always exceptions as in the case of internet forums, I think that everyone who posts here have the best intentions in mind ---for the breed, the dog, and the owner. Do not be alarmed if the dog selection process given by the members seem overly cautious or painstaking. Few of us have the land, the livestock, or "what it takes" to raise a border collie according to the original purpose of the breed, both now and when we first considered getting one. The advice is well meaning and everyone has taken their time to contribute.

The first few posts are always the hardest. With this said, welcome and I hope you stay with us. :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can never have too many dogs to help watch TV at night:)

Obviously you have never tried to watch TV with my Rose in the room :rolleyes:

Better yet, Rose with whomever she had instigated to help her with the nights talent show.

BC dancing with the stars...i.e. a full toy basket, one adolescent dog, and a cat.

Obviously you have never tried to watch TV with my Rose in the room :rolleyes:

Better yet, Rose with whomever she had instigated to help her with the nights talent show.

BC dancing with the stars...i.e. a full toy basket, one adolescent dog, and a cat.

I'd rather have ONE adolescent dog and a cat than TWO adolescent dogs (mine and one of my fosters) who think that my house is romper room. :D My foster will only stop playing if I crate her and my adolescent dog (Skittles) is more than happy to be her wrestle mania partner in crime. :D De-stuffing toys is one of their specialties.

Sara,

What Lark lacks in size she makes up for in noisiness. I've never had such a vocal border collie, though Pip also manages to help out in the noisemaking department (mostly by whining because Lark's "killing" him). I think Lark usually does win, though frequent breaks occur when they seem to get a bit pissed and start air snapping at one another. Pip could sit on Lark and smoosh her, so I'm guessing he's just being the typical big lug male and letting Lark beat him up (it's pretty funny to see the way she straddles him and "holds him down" so she can abuse him!). :rolleyes:

J.

• 11 years later...