BC Boards

A few training photos

Moss

eh, just another black and white border collie. But those SHEEP!! Beautiful! :D:rolleyes:

That second picture is just so cute! :D And, well, yeah I guess the dog is pretty darn cool too.

Guest CleverDog

I was going to reply and say those are some gorgeous sheep...but I think that's pretty much taken care of!

Your dog is gorgeous...not that looks matter, but that small white stripe is my favorite. :rolleyes:

What are Herdwicks like?

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Herdwicks are my all time favourite sheep. They are great for training young dogs on and are very hardy, and low maintenance. There is loads of info on this site about them.

http://www.herdwick-sheep.com/

They lose the brown fleece as they get older and it is replaced with a grey one - see attached :rolleyes:

419995971PTADZn_ph.jpg

ChipTryingtoShed.jpg

Wow! Everything is beautiful in these shots--the dogs, the sheep, and the setting!

So would that first brown set be yearlings then? They really are quite flashy. Your dog looks to be working them calmly and efficiently, and they are seem to be pretty relaxed. Very nice :rolleyes:

Wow! Everything is beautiful in these shots--the dogs, the sheep, and the setting!

So would that first brown set be yearlings then? They really are quite flashy. Your dog looks to be working them calmly and efficiently, and they are seem to be pretty relaxed. Very nice :rolleyes:

Thanks you Laurae.

The dog in the photos, Rip, really does seem to have a calming influence on the sheep. He never upsets them and they do actually seem to quite like him :D

The brown Herdwicks in the first set of pictures are what we would call hoggs (less than a year old), so I guess that would be the same as your meaning, "yearling"?

Great herding pictures. Your dog did a good job, didn`t he? Looks very professionel how your BC worked. Wonderful pictures and thank you for sharing us.

Lovely scenery! Stunning sheep! Talented dog! :rolleyes:

Hey, where are you located in the UK?

Thanks for all your kind comments :D

MickeyDogs, I currently in in the Lune Valley which is near Lancaster in the North West of England. I am moving to Scotland in September :D