BC Boards

Puck is Home

I went to the vet yesterday with another dog, Joe, and while I was waiting for him to be seen, Dr. Knox came in. He came in to check on Puck this morning - fully expecting him to probably not feel too well and stay the weekend. The Puck who met him though, I should say greeted him, was up on 3 legs, the other trussed up in a sling, barking and wiggling with happiness to see the vet. He practically bounded out on three legs. Dr. Knox gave him a shot of Ace "to take the edge off".

So, to make a long story short, Puck came home with me yesterday. He is in excellent spirits. You have to slow him down, in fact. He ate like a pig when I brought him home yesterday and went to sleep.

Maybe Dr. Knox would have expected for Puck to loll around after the type of surgery he had with an "I have a boo boo" attitude, but there is no stopping that dog. Yep, recuperation time isn't going to be a challenge for him for him only.

And there was more good news, the "higher end of the estimate" of the bill, was not as high as I thought, so that is a huge relief - In fact that sigh you might have heard yesterday was a big "whew" from me.

Will post some pics later of the patient.

Hurray for Puck! He sounds like the most wonderful of fellows :D Glad to hear that the surgery not only went well, but cost less than expected! Now the question is...will Vicki be able to keep up with Puck :rolleyes:

That's great! I'm glad Puck is doing so good. It's no easy task keeping them down to rest. They don't know what rest is, do they?

Is Joe feeling better?

So glad to hear that Puck is doing so well.

I'm glad that his surgery is over and there is a better life ahead for him.

A.J.

Lol... Border Collies and the word Rest cannot be used in the same sentence..Hahaha!!!

When I am fully awake, I will respond in an intelligible manner :D , but he really is doing well. "Surgery? What surgery?" That pretty much describes his outlook, so it is a lot of work to keep him calm.

Yesterday, I had to make a 13 hour round trip to fetch another one of my dogs and because of the length of time I'd be gone, I brought Puck along in a crate, and he was a really good boy. When we got back it was 2 a.m. and he was overdue for his meds. I got the deramaxx down him, but another one of the dogs came up to me and I shoved the rest of the meds down her mouth instead. - clavamox and ace. Puck fought the meds. She didn't. There was not a peep out of her all night. :rolleyes:

Good to be awake when doing these things and not have dogs who all look the same that time of the morning.

Got to get to work. Later! Trying rev up on caffeine as I write this.

Poor Vicki - I've done that myself - twice I gave my old girl's thyroxine (quite a high dose) to my boy. First time I had to ring the vet in a panic to see what might go wrong with the boy - fortunately nothing did. And I didn't even have the reasons you had. :rolleyes:

Great news about the Puckster - and I hope Joe is feeling better - and that you can catch up on sleep at some point.