BC Boards

Border Collie Mix Needs Home

This young guy was picked up by my friend on top of Laurel Mountain. He had been spotted there for at least 4 days...probably dumped there...and no one stopped to get him. :( The vet said he looked like the two female BC puppies she had in her clinic when they were babies about 8 months ago - dumped in exactly the same spot - so he may be a littermate the owners had kept, and then decided to dump him also. :( He is about 8 or 9 months old. I was over to see him tonight. He is responsive to a sit command, and is very responsive to coming and sitting for a treat. My friend vetted him for shots and a check-up. He is currently living in the Ligonier area, about 65 miles east of Pittsburgh. PM me if anyone is interested.

post-9048-036990100 1338344648_thumb.jpg

post-9048-056140200 1338344682_thumb.jpg

post-9048-082300100 1338344715_thumb.jpg

PS: I just have to ask: what's with the prong collar?

She has a very bad back and walks him 3 or 4 times a day...the only way she can keep him from pulling her back out when she walks him. He is staying at her mother's house and there is no fenced in yard, so she has to walk him. The pinch doesn't distress him at all. When he walks, he reminds me of a dog that has been tied out a lot.

Hello everyone,

In a previous post, I had written, "what's with the prong collar?"

She has a very bad back and walks him 3 or 4 times a day...the only way she can keep him from pulling her back out when she walks him. He is staying at her mother's house and there is no fenced in yard, so she has to walk him. The pinch doesn't distress him at all. When he walks, he reminds me of a dog that has been tied out a lot.

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,

nancy