BC Boards

Looking in SE PA

Hi All, after being Border Collieless for 8 months my husband and I decided that we really need another one. We have a few applications into rescues, since we are not looking for a puppy. Romana, our Pyr/GSD seems depressed, so we are looking for a companion for all three of us that gets along with the 3 cats. Buster left a big impression on our lives, it seems empty without a hairy black and white dog bouncing around the house. Wish us luck!

I am sure you probably already know of these BC-specific rescues, but just in case: There are 3 reputable rescues that you may want to check out - Blue Ridge Border Collie Rescue (I volunteer and know that they will place dogs in PA homes), Mid-Atlantice BCR and Glen Highland Farm.

Good Luck in your search. I am glad to hear that another rescue may soon find a home.

Jovi

I know the feeling of loosing that dog that leaves those footprints deep into your heart. Just recently lost my wonderful Trace, herding partner and constant companion. She has left a huge space here to fill as the sheep KNOW she is gone so I too have begun that search and know what you are going through. The right dog is out there waiting for your family's love and attention, good luck with your search.

I am sure you probably already know of these BC-specific rescues, but just in case: There are 3 reputable rescues that you may want to check out - Blue Ridge Border Collie Rescue (I volunteer and know that they will place dogs in PA homes), Mid-Atlantice BCR and Glen Highland Farm.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of Blue Ridge - but I think they are a little far. There is a puppy on the site that is the cutest thing that I have ever seen, but a 6 hour drive away. :{