BC Boards

Goodbye Josie

Beach BCs

It’s been just over two weeks since I said goodbye to Josie. It was hard to let her go. I’m not sure I’ll ever truly be at peace with it, but I know it was the right decision. She was a good girl, wanted so desperately to do the right thing, wanted so desperately to be loved. Most of the time she was as good as gold. And yes, she was loved…even if I didn’t realize it until so close to the end. As she passed and I kissed her forehead, my vet said to me “I bet she’d never be able to count all the kisses she’s gotten from you.” I will miss her terribly. She has gone on to the Bridge to be with the ones who have gone before her. And there she is free of any suffering. She is happy and running through the fields stretching those long skinny legs. Eventually I will come for her and we will walk the rest of the way together.

IMG_6095.jpg

IMG_6090a.jpg

IMG_6094b.jpg

Goodbye girl...I'll see you around the bend.

What a very gorgeous and happy looking girl she was! I expect she knows just how very blessed she was to live her time with you.

Keep her close in your heart, and she will never be far away.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sometimes when I type these words, they seem so meaningless but know that my heart aches for you and I pray that you eventually find peace.

Thank you everyone. It's been a rough couple of weeks, quite a roller coaster of emotions. To be honest, for the longest time I didn't believe that I loved her. And then to realize how much I actually did love her...well, it was a like...I don't kniow...I don't really have the words.

I'll be bringing her ashes home today. Finally she'll be home.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived