BC Boards

Herding Dogs of the World

Jeanne Joy

Thanks for the translations. Very interesting.

In view of the area of ​​origin and the ancient ways of using this dog, who has done research in the field since 2005 they called Shepherd Dog Apuano ®, recording the word mark to prevent improper usage and exploitation.

We've been having a similar conversation on another thread (about Red Dirt Ranch) about how the term "border collie" has been misusd to represent the non-working variations on the breed. Several of us were wishing we'd trademarked the name back in the day . . .

When your copy of Herding Dogs of the World arrives you can see a very cool picture of the Cane Pastsore Apuano on page 41.

jeanne

Well, it was a good idea, even if it ultimately didn't work.

I know I've told you this in person many years ago, Donald, but it bears repeating. Many thanks for all the hard work you and others did at that time to try to preserve the integrity of the working border collie.

roxanne

Yes, this! And also for your marvelous book, The Dog Wars. A good retelling of a lot that went on and the efforts of a few people to prevent AKC recognition.

Well, it was a good idea, even if it ultimately didn't work.

I know I've told you this in person many years ago, Donald, but it bears repeating. Many thanks for all the hard work you and others did at that time to try to preserve the integrity of the working border collie.

roxanne