BC Boards

Seeking guest speaker for elementary school

dracina

I don't know if anyone here can help or not, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction...

I am looking for a guest speaker to talk to my 4th grade class about sustainability in agriculture and livestock production. Nothing too technical- something that 9 and 10 year-olds can understand and enjoy. I am planning an environmental awareness unit for April, and I would really love to introduce them to these ideas. My school is in the Chicago area. This would be strictly on a volunteer basis. If you are interested, please PM me.

Karrin

PS: If you use border collies in your operation (which I imagine you do, or else you wouldn't be here)- even better! We are currently reading a book about a sheepdog in which they are extremely interested.

You could try contacting an ag extension agent, they might know of someone.

Samantha

Samantha, thank you for the suggestion! I was under the impression that the agricultural extensions were just available in rural areas, but there is one in Cook County. I am both surprised and thrilled, because they have many resources for teachers to use in the classroom. I will contact them this week about a speaker.

Thanks again!

Karrin

Archived