BC Boards

In Texas - seeking help in finding a puppy

What a nice-looking pup! Congratulations, and best wishes for a long and happy partnership. Some people I work with here in California have gotten good dogs from Herbert. It sounds like a long way to go to get a dog, but there are a string of sheep dog trials in Texas in February that a bunch of southern Californians travel out for.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning and happy new year!

I thought you all might like an update on my little Wren-ful. She's been with us almost a month, and it's been so fun. She's had a lot to take in and learn, and I've been very impressed by her so far. She's been learning the ropes and fitting in well with us... She's a super cuddler, and she's starting to show us more and more of energetic, mischievous side. :)

Fun story: the Saturday before Christmas, I'm out picking up the yard, getting things ready for the dog sitter so I can leave town the next morning.... And I look up to see Wren 7 feet up in the air, in a tree....apparently she was just exploring around and thought "hey, I wonder what's up there?" And suddenly found herself in a tree. Thankfully I was able to get her down, and then I put plastic lawn furniture on the tree (picture attached) to block her from trying a similar stunt. (She was on the limb to the right of the wind chimes... Way up high!) Hey, at least she's not afraid of heights... Should take at least one issue out of dog walk training for agility....

She's learning lots of tricks, too. I'll make a video soon to post. Learning tricks and shaping behaviors was all very new to her, but she's taken to it readily and we are having lots of fun.

So, in short, she's sweet and smart and silly and full of mischief.... Everything you want a puppy to be. :)

post-12910-0-45070000-1420216363_thumb.jpg

post-12910-0-18476600-1420216383_thumb.jpg

post-12910-0-88093000-1420217184_thumb.jpg

post-12910-0-95032900-1420217205_thumb.jpg

post-12910-0-25036600-1420218421_thumb.jpg

post-12910-0-34654200-1420218728_thumb.jpg

Daredevil is right!!

It sounds like she has some characteristics similar to her brother - cuddling and enjoying tricks and clicker training and others not so much - tree climbing :-). Rook is funny about jumping up on stuff - only dog I've ever had to teach/encourage to jump up on the sofa or logs/tree stumps in the woods.

I'm glad you're enjoying her!! She looks like a real sweetie!