BC Boards

50 bcs and aussie mixes confiscated from hoarders need help!

And it has been stated that if you wish to adopt them that they will need to go to foster first and be rehabbed, so thank goodness that will happen before being given to people who may not know how to handle how scared these animals are ;)

I am so glad to hear this. Having worked with shut-down dogs a fair bit, and having fostered and helped a very shut-down puppy mill dog, I know they cannot go to just anyone. To be fair, I did not know, when I first took Kelso to foster, what I know now, and I needed, and was fortunate enough to get, a lot of advice and support, much of it from people on these Boards. But I was 100% dedicated to helping him, and he was my #1 project.........perhaps I should say my obsession........for a year and a half. I thought about him all the time, what I could do to help him, and people around me would attest that when asked how I was doing, I would usually respond by talking about how Kelso was doing! I kind of doubt that most people wanting a dog are interested in going through the whole process I did on a daily basis to bring Kelso out of his shell. I would recommend it to some people -- it is an amazing experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat. But it is not for everyone!

I am so glad to hear this. Having worked with shut-down dogs a fair bit, and having fostered and helped a very shut-down puppy mill dog, I know they cannot go to just anyone. To be fair, I did not know, when I first took Kelso to foster, what I know now, and I needed, and was fortunate enough to get, a lot of advice and support, much of it from people on these Boards. But I was 100% dedicated to helping him, and he was my #1 project.........perhaps I should say my obsession........for a year and a half. I thought about him all the time, what I could do to help him, and people around me would attest that when asked how I was doing, I would usually respond by talking about how Kelso was doing! I kind of doubt that most people wanting a dog are interested in going through the whole process I did on a daily basis to bring Kelso out of his shell. I would recommend it to some people -- it is an amazing experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat. But it is not for everyone!

Bless you for doing that and yes I was glad to hear it also. I have seen a couple photos of some of them actually that were getting put of for adoption, it seems like it was some of the more adult looking younger dogs. I could not believe the change in them, it was remarkable so whoever got those few that I have seen did an awesome job. I am sure the older ones may take a bit longer that sustained the abuse much longer.