Photo

Observations on dogs with early hearing loss

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Journey

Journey

Happiness is not having what you want but wanting what you have.

• Registered Users
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

Aw Maja, Bonnie just can't catch a break..sorry to read this but I'm sure with a secured area she'll be quite happy being able to work again!
Karen & the growing pack of spoiled mutts!
Posted Image

#62 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,853 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

Sorry to hear about Bonnie's latest problem but glad to know you are working on dealing with it so she can remain a happy dog. 

Very best wishes!

Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#63 Maja

Maja

• Registered Users
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:22 AM

Yes, I do hope our fencing in of a training area (and the yard) will help her, since my  attempts to teach her with gestures has been a total failure.  If we only can somehow get over the idea the "I'm not talking to her".   Bonnie, as I wrote earlier, was a really excellent independent worker, and (I really don't mean to idealize her 'before' abilities) she was able to do an awful lot on her own, but at the bottom of this independent work was her (correct) conviction of what I was expecting of her.  The absence of this conviction has reduced her herding ability to zero - and this is something I did not expect. 

Now I just hope she will stop trying to place the entire flock in my lap, after a while  :lol:

"Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds" - Prov. 27-23

#64 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

Best of luck to Bonnie and you. I am always impressed by the lengths to which dog owners will go to provide a full life for their beloved dogs.

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.