#61 prosperia

prosperia

• Registered Users
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:36 AM

I am so sorry,
I had a feeling something wasnt right.
I dont know what else to say,
You are going to have help with the pups right?
If it comes down to it, my door is always open for one of those little guys.
Maria & Jenna

#62 Kassies mom

Kassies mom

• Registered Users
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:38 AM

Kassie and I send our heartfelt sympathy. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you in the days to come. You are a wonderful person and special blessings will come your way.
With doggy hugs and snuffles...

Lynn

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.

Konrad Lorenz

#63 leahluvsherpups

leahluvsherpups

• Registered Users
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:17 AM

Gosh, I am in total tearage right now. You and little Kip went through so much for those little angels. I can't begin to know how you must be feeling right now. She is now at the bridge and back to perfect health. She will help you in spirit with her little babies.
Posted Image

#64 bcnewe2

bcnewe2

If you stumble make it part of the dance!

• Registered Users
  • 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, Sheep, & family

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

Words cannot express what my heart feels for you. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
She gave them her all and then some.
That'll do Kipppy....you done good.
Kristen
Kristen The world is a magical place...   

#65 CollieKat

CollieKat

• Registered Users
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

Aerie a thought came to me today. When i worked at the vets and we had orphaned pups from bitches who had died we contacted the local radio station and put out a plea for a surrogate mum. It always worked and its maybe worth a go for you too?

#66 Aerie

Aerie

It's So Simplex

• Registered Users
  • 568 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:05 PM

Again, I have to say thanks to everyone...your prayers and kind words are helping more than you know.

Bottle feeding is DEFINITELY not fun, and i'm exhausted, but it seems like it's working - each of the puppies has gained back at least the ounce they lost the day after they were born and some have gained two or three ounces each. So far, so good. The little ones are active and as healthy as can be, thank goodness.

My neighbor is an angel and is helping me with feeding. She kept them for about 6 hours this afternoon so I could get a bit of sleep.

Now if I can just convince Recon that the puppies aren't hers and no matter how hard she tries she can't nurse them, and convince Combat that they are not in fact evil doers out to get him...I'll be in good shape.

Posted Image
Loving my pups - the amazingly prim and proper Recon and Lady Sage.

#67 karrie

karrie

• Registered Users
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:20 PM

Recon, hunny you can teach the puppies what they need to know. Combat, they are little devils but if you keep a good eye on they will be perfect little angels. So when they get strong enough to start getting where they shouldn't you just tell Mama. Ok Recon and Combat here is a new trick for you hold the bottle for the babies. Mama Aerie, get rest when you can. You are doing a terrific job. (((HUGS and Prayers))))

#68 prosperia

prosperia

• Registered Users
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:39 AM

sweet little recon but Karrie's right, at least the pups wont be without the socialization that they would get from kippy, and they have eachother, so the chances of them ending up with social or behavioral problems later will be lessened.

I am having trouble convincing myself that I dont want another puppy the housetraining ect., but those sweet little faces are very persuasive.
Maria & Jenna

#69 kelpiegirl

kelpiegirl

• Registered Users
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:39 AM

Did you know that non-pregnant bitches can actually lactate if stimulated enough?
Good luck with the pups!
Julie
Never wrestle with pigs, you only get dirty, and they like it.

http://kelpiematrix.blogspot.com/

#70 PrincessJenni

PrincessJenni

• Registered Users
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

I'm so saddened to hear about Kip. I'm glad the puppies are doing well, though. I'm adding my thoughts and prayers to the ones everyone else has sent...

#71 kevin881

kevin881

• Registered Users
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:25 PM

im very sorry for your loss.

#72 emmetteabrakai

emmetteabrakai

• Registered Users
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:My dogs of course, gardening, reading, music , & all things pertaining to country life.

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:01 AM

Oh my, I didn't read this all the way through until I saw the up date on the puppies, posts.

I think the name Kip just became the symbal of courage in my book...

Sorry for your loss and blessings on you for raising the pups. I had to raise my Dobermans puppies (way long story, but it turned out ok.) I ended up tubing them becasue several just didn't want to take the bottle of any kind. I know how much work this is, having raised pups, kittens, goats and horses by hand. God bless you for your perservence. The pups are in good hands with you and Recon on duty. Are you going to keep one :rolleyes: :D :D

Andrea D.
If you want to feel good do something good

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.