Got a wish fulfilled

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 urge to herd

urge to herd

• Registered Users
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:04 PM

I had arthroscopic knee surgery last Thursday, which went very, very well. In the recovery room, the nurse asked if I needed anything, and I said, "I could use a puppy." She laughed, and we kinda kept going with that theme throughout the rest of the hour or so I spent in the recovery area.

I wound up going to spend a couple days w/friends. John had offered to drive me to surgery and then have me spend at least the night w/him & his lady friend. 

I hobbled into their door ~ and there they were, two puppies! Well, one is an adult dog, but I'm going with the puppy theme.

These 2 mixed breeds were so sweet and cuddly, I was in heaven. Swear to whoever is up there, it helped me feel much better, much faster. Both Lola & Ruffles curled up with me, put their little furry heads on my shoulder and sighed heavily with contentment. As did I.

Ruth & Gibbs

#2 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

Dogs are such healers. It's why I'm so invested in doing therapy work with mine.

I'm so happy you got your wish, Ruth. :wub:

Best wises for swift healing and to getting back home to Gibbs soon if you aren't already.

"People in your life always come and go all the time; the dogs are always there for me. Always." ~Samantha Valle

#3 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,899 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:54 AM

Yay!
Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#4 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

Therapy dogs rock! Glad to hear you got your wish.

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

#5 terrecar

terrecar

Sheepdogger Wannabe

• Registered Users
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Ah yes, puppy therapy is the best! I have been hitting the local parks with Hannah and Jan. Our walking partners are my sister, her ten year old Samoyed and her new Samoyed puppy. Just walking with them and watching the puppy’s antics has been a delight. I am glad you found this bit of therapy after your surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

#6 amc

amc

• Registered Users
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

How goes your recovery, Ruth?  Sounds like the dog therapy has you well on your way!

Best wishes!

Amy

Amy Coapman
Montague, in the State of Jefferson

#7 urge to herd

urge to herd

• Registered Users
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

Recovery is up and down. I did a little too much yesterday and instead of spending the evening socializing w/friends, I spent it on the couch. I only moved to get a refreshed ice pack.

Still tired today, but don't have much on the schedule.

I don't feel any pain at all from the original injury. I fell and somehow my kneecap slipped over about 3 cm. Hurt a lot, except when I didn't do anything at all. My knee is a bit stiff, but the swelling is going down daily. Haven't had to use pain meds at all the last 4 days, Tylenol is just fine.

I see the ortho surgeon next Wednesday, then probably start physical therapy after that. The surgeon promised me pix of what the inside of my knee looked like! Can't wait.

Ruth & Gibbs

#8 D'Elle

D'Elle

• Registered Users
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

Nothing like a warm puppy to make one feel better.

Hope you heal up fast! Sending good healing mojo your way.

D'Elle

and family.

Left to right: Kit, Jester, Boo, Digger

Mydogs12-2013Smaller.jpg
"You gonna throw that?" --Jester:  2001 - June 24 2016. Remembered with much love.
"I'm grouchier than you are" --Kit

"I love everyone!" -- Boo

(Boing! Boing! Boing!)--Digger

And not pictured, Benjamin the cat, who thinks he is a small border collie with superpowers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.