BC Boards

The herding bords are so quiet...

Jennifer Glen

I'm not at any real cool or non-cool trial either. Its cold here Jenny, too cold. Below freezing at night and I ran out of propane. Dogs like it though. Trees are finally dropping their leaves. Big tree in the front drops them all at once right when you have parked your truck under it. Well, nothing else to say.

Joan

I hate this in between weather here in NC right now...I just wish it would get cold. Today was about high 50's. You didn't know whether to wear a coat or just long sleeves.

I hope it is cool in the morning for our lesson...the dogs work better when it is cool. Suppose to be upper 40's, low 50's. That should be just right.

Too funny. I grew up in PA and I can't imagine now living in Canada and what that change must have been like for you.

You can tell the people who grew up in warm weather and those who grew up in cold. I went running yesterday in shorts. My neighbor who grew up in Texas would wear long pants, long shirt, and a hat to cover her ears in weather liket this!!!

Originally posted by Pipedream Farm:

now let's see if Renee and I can get healthy.

I've got the crud now, too. Up all night hacking up a lung! I guess standing out in the cold rain this morning at 7am for a lesson wasn't a wise choice for my health.... but the dogs are more important anyway!

Jenny - I have to tell you I think Scott gives an awesome lesson! Celt and I had time with him on Tuesday and I was very, very happy with the help and advice he gave.

He is also a very nice person, but you knew that already! I hope he has a safe flight home and you two enjoy your Thanksgiving.

By the way, I got to meet your new Nell pup - did you know my Celt is a Nell pup also? There was at least another one at the lessons as well. Give a hug to Laddie for me!

Oh, that is cool that Celt an Trim are related. I am, as we speak, hoping that Scott and Trim made their connecting flight in Chicago. His Virginia plane left late and gave him only 10 minutes to make it to the Calgary flight. It looks like they delayed the Calgary flight to get him on. As soon as it takes off, I gotta call and see if they remembered to put poor Trim on the plane too!

Jenny Glen

PS I'm glad you had a good lesson. I'll tell Scott you enjoyed it!

PSS I can ALWAYS give Laddie a hug!

I wouldn't worry about Scott making the connection - with those long legs, he can probably make it from one end of the airport to the other in a flash! He would go striding down the field and this poor, middle-aged, overweight woman would be trying her best to keep up and hoping she didn't fall flat on her face in a pile of sheep poopies! I think he was quite astonished when I managed to keep up with him, and so was I.

I'm more worried about Trim making the connection - such a cute puppy. It was SO tempting to just pop that pup off the chain and slip him/her (I can't remember) into the crate in my car.

Scott's lessons were very well received by all that I spoke to. I was extremely happy with mine - I went into it feeling like an absolute failure and I came out of it feeling like I could manage to work with my dog and not let him down too much!

Scott has the talent of being able to communicate clearly and briefly, and getting his point across in a way that is positive and understandable. He is a great trainer and a wonderful clinician.

Don't forget to give Scott as many hugs as you give Laddie!

Hey Jenny,

Thanks again for the warm reception (high 60's!!!)in Alberta! I was sorry to miss Sam's trial (next year Sam!)- but not sorry to miss the cold weather!

Wish I could say the trip back to the east coast was in warm weather the whole way. I hit the lake-effect snows once I crossed into Ohio and had snow the whole way to Central PA. The last day's planned 10 hour drive turned into 21 hours. Lucky for me, the Ohio and PA turnpikes have plenty of Starbuck's stops!

Glad to hear Scott and crew made it home safely!