BC Boards

AB stockdog trial segment on Animal Planet

Hi all,

I was "sorta" watching the whippet lure coursing trials on Animal Planet's Ultimate Dog Championships on Sunday (the TV was on but I wasn't paying attention!)...when I heard dog whistles! I looked at the TV, and what do you know, there was a short segment about a sheepdog trial! I believe I recognized Scott Glen, but I am not sure who the other handlers were. I think it was filmed in Alberta...(I don't recognize many of the faces from out west). It looked like summer weather. Anyone else catch this, or have an idea what trial this was and who was featured/interviewed? At the moment, there is no encore presentation listed on the Animal Planet site of the whippet trial episode of "UDC."

I didn't see it but several other times during other shows there have been little bits of herding in there (border collies of course!). I always get so excited when I see it, but then it goes back to whatever else the show was actually talking about. :rolleyes:

That is cool that you got to see it!

I really liked the frisbee Ultimate Dog Championship show. It made me want to start. I think I'll get into that when I get my dog. Seems like fun. I wish I would have taped it. I always look on our guide for the weekend on Animal planet to see if there's anything with BC's in it.

There's a "best of disk dogs" show on this Sunday. It's cool to watch. And the 26th of November is Flyball. Woo Hoo :rolleyes:

I love those shows. I just thought I would tell you guys.