BC Boards

The Amazing Maggie Mae

MaggieDog

I think that was her way of saying "thanks mom, I found the Rainbow Bridge ok, and am happy here".

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,

I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free

Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side

Were meadows rich and beautiful - lush and green and wide;

And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see

Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be.

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new

And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright,

That this place is truly wonderful; then a bright glow pierced the night.

Twas the glow of many candles, shining bright and strong and bold;

And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be

We are still connected by a cord no one can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Via con Dios, Maggie Mae.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh gosh, I literally gasped when I saw this post. I am so sorry for your loss of your special girl, Erin. I know what a pivital role she played in your life. What a lovely tribute you wrote for her. Hugs from me an my gang. Fairwell, sweet Maggie.

Oh, no. No. :rolleyes: I am completely heartbroken for you, Erin. Such a sudden loss, such a special girl. My deepest sympathies.

Run free, Maggie Mae. You'll be missed by people who never even had the pleasure of meeting you in person.

Erin I am so sorry for your loss. When I first saw the title, I thought surely it must be another dog, but then really, there could only be one amazing Maggie Mae. I am glad I got to meet her. (((((hugs))))) to you. Run free, Amazing Maggie, wow them with your charm.

Erin, like so many others, I was deeply saddened to see your post title and having lost Sara last year to hemangiosarcoma, I know how devastating quick this cancer takes our dogs. I always enjoyed reading your posts about the amazing Maggie Mae and from them, I know how much joy she brought to your life. sWithout a doubt, Maggie will be in good company at the Bridge - run free, good girl.

Thanks you guys - she really was a special dog and it means so much to me to know that others saw it too, even though most of you never met her in person. In some respects I'm glad she went so quick - it would've been totally against her nature to just fade away - but I will always wish I had more time with her.

Oh, no, Erin! I am so sorry to hear about Maggie's sudden passing, I've "known" her since I first joined the boards and I remember laughing at your stories of her, then worrying about her bunny chasing incident that landed her under the wheels of a car that never stopped, then sharing the joy of her recovery, the addition of her new siblings, and all your adventures.

Run free, beautiful spotty Maggie, I will always remember you.

Erin I am so very sorry for your loss of Maggie. I feel like I "knew" her from reading about her on different boards and I've always thought of her as being one of those special, life changing dogs. It's such a shock to lose them so quickly but like you said, maybe it's better than having her fade slowly away.

Abby and Ryan send you kisses.

I never thought that I'd be saying goodbye to my special girl today, but I did.

When I got in the car to head home without my girl there was an apropos song on the radio and I got the distinct image of Maggie running full tilt in a grassy, sunny field - I think that was her way of saying "thanks mom, I found the Rainbow Bridge ok, and am happy here".

Run free Meegs, run free!

backlightface.jpg

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Rest in Peace, Maggie.

So saddened to see this unexpected news. My heart goes out to you. Maggie was such a very, very special girl.

I try not to read this section of the board, as it's too hard for me ;-( but I ducked in for a sec. and read this, (grrrr, crying now) So sorry for your loss, I too lost my Bob dog to the same horrible cancer ;-( Hugs to you and your family, and if Maggie sees a big old handsome Border Collie from Texas ;-) I hope she snags him up for a boyfriend ;-) he's a good one :-)

Betty

Oh Erin, I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost your lovely Maggie. As others have said, she was one of those dogs that many of us who've been around for a while felt that we 'knew'. And what a gracious lady in her passing.

Archived