• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BillG

BillG

• Registered Users
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

Deleted and Un-subscribed by Poster

Retired teacher, Lots of hobby's  and Electrician.  Gina -  Border Collie / Aussie pup

#2 BillG

BillG

• Registered Users
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Got my answer on here with a Search, darn I forgot Copy and Paste is disabled on this Forum but never mind I found my answer.

Retired teacher, Lots of hobby's  and Electrician.  Gina -  Border Collie / Aussie pup

#3 LauraV

LauraV

• Registered Users
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

A more specific scenario is needed. Please elaborate. :)

#4 BillG

BillG

• Registered Users
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:33 PM

A more specific scenario is needed. Please elaborate. :)

Got my answer in a Search. Thanks for replying but it was aggressive with bites, not fear growling, Dealth with No and some short crate time out and then positive reinforcement for good behavour. Gina is so smart its scary.

#5 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Got my answer in a Search. Thanks for replying but it was aggressive with bites, not fear growling, Dealth with No and some short crate time out and then positive reinforcement for good behavour. Gina is so smart its scary.

You realize, of course, that almost all aggression in young puppies (not all but danged close) is defensive and based on fear, right?   And that 'fear aggression' is a phrase for a reason?   And it doesn't mean the dog cowers, tail tucks and runs away and only bites when cornered. And that growling doesn't mean 'I want to bite you' but "I am uncomfortable and am warning you/trying to make you stop so I don't *have* to bite to make you stop' .  And that dogs with truly aggressive intent are almost always silent?   You know those things, I'm sure.

I mean assuming we discount over-arousal and over-excitement and just being mouthy, which I am doing.

#6 BillG

BillG

• Registered Users
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

Deleted and Un Subscribed by Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.