BC Boards

Buster

Tuxedodog

I feel like I had only lived with Buster for a short period of time. It has been 12 of his almost 14 years. We have had our challenges but getting him a companion (Romana) and good meds had made him a joy to be around. He was getting creaky and he didn't hear very well, but he had his friend to let him know when the door was open to go outside. We were in no way prepared or even suspected that there was anything really wrong with him. The other night he threw up and then collapsed. He got up a few times, but he was so exhausted that when we took him into the vet's office and they asked him to stand, he just hung limply in their hands. We made the decision to end his suffering. This past summer he could still outrun Romana who is less than half his age, how could a dog with so much energy and life, just suddenly stop? It will be much quieter at our house now that he is gone, we already miss the sound of him trotting thru the house, since he didn't do much of anything slowly.

I feel like I had only lived with Buster for a short period of time. It has been 12 of his almost 14 years. We have had our challenges but getting him a companion (Romana) and good meds had made him a joy to be around. He was getting creaky and he didn't hear very well, but he had his friend to let him know when the door was open to go outside. We were in no way prepared or even suspected that there was anything really wrong with him. The other night he threw up and then collapsed. He got up a few times, but he was so exhausted that when we took him into the vet's office and they asked him to stand, he just hung limply in their hands. We made the decision to end his suffering. This past summer he could still outrun Romana who is less than half his age, how could a dog with so much energy and life, just suddenly stop? It will be much quieter at our house now that he is gone, we already miss the sound of him trotting thru the house, since he didn't do much of anything slowly.

We are so very very sorry, having just lost our beloved Angel less than 3 weeks ago I very much understand how you are feeling. Even though I no longer break down sobbing several times a day I still miss her so very much and have been in a very deep sadness. We can also understand the surprise at the suddeness, our Angel was active and playful like a puppy right up to that very day and she was just over 15 years old. You can at least take some comfort in that Buster at least did not suffer thru a long painful illness.

Our hearts go out to you, we truely understand how very tough it is, time helps ease the pain somewhat but you still miss them so much !

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember reading your stories of Buster's challenges and how you never gave up on him. He had your love and a good home, and you had the love of a good dog til the end. It's what it's all about. Rest in peace, Buster. Run free good boy.

You worked so hard for a dog that many would have given up on. Hopefully, someone else can learn from your posts about your experiences with Buster.

In this way Buster will live on to inspire and help others. A great way for a dog to be remembered. Sorry for your loss and Godspeed.. Buster.

I'm so sorry to hear about Buster. I understand that feeling of bewilderment - how is is possible to fade so quickly? You gave Buster a wonderful life of love. Run free at the Bridge Buster.

"There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who chose to travel in the company of animals. It is a cycle unlike any other. To those who have never lived through its turnings or walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible. Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given." Suzanne Clothier "Bones would Rain from the Sky"

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember reading your stories of Buster's challenges and how you never gave up on him. He had your love and a good home, and you had the love of a good dog til the end. It's what it's all about. Rest in peace, Buster. Run free good boy.

So very well said, I'll simply echo these words.

I think this says it perfectly. To be able to have the love of a good dog, well... that's what it's all about.

Rest peacefully Buster.