BC Boards

BOB Collie at Westminster sired by a double merle

rushdoggie

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's a little confusing. Is the list they give those breeds for whom the breed clubs requested the ban on such breedings at an earlier time? The first paragraph says no merle to merle litters, but then the next paragraph lists just a very few breeds. So is it no merle to merle or just in the breeds listed? I hope/suspect the former, but wonder....

J.

Well that's a little confusing. Is the list they give those breeds for whom the breed clubs requested the ban on such breedings at an earlier time? The first paragraph says no merle to merle litters, but then the next paragraph lists just a very few breeds. So is it no merle to merle or just in the breeds listed? I hope/suspect the former, but wonder....

J.

"the Kennel Club will no longer accept the registration of any puppies for any breed that are produced as a result of mating two merle (dapple) coloured parents together."

Italics mine.

I got that part Geonni, then they go on to list specific breeds. My question was whether that list was meant to denote the breeds whose breed clubs had previously asked the KC not to recognize merle to merle breedings. The way the whole thing is worded seems to leave the actual rule open to some interpretation, even if that wasn't the intent.

j.

The all breed ban on merle to merle breedings is effective Jan 2013. The double merle for specific breeds mentioned are not recognized now (already) because their parent (breed) clubs petitioned the KC not to accept the registrations for their specific breeds prior to this all breed decision, and the KC honored their request.

ETA: The answer is "yes" to what Julie asked here: " My question was whether that list was meant to denote the breeds whose breed clubs had previously asked the KC not to recognize merle to merle breedings."