BC Boards

cutaneous horn

Hi...

I need some help / advise...

i noticed my little girl limping last week, couldnt find anything... by the weekend she was still limping, and i decided i was going to wait another day or so then take her for xrays if it didnt get better... i looked again and found a wart like think on her toe (inside part of the toe just where the hard pad meets the softer pad) i took her to the vet last night they said it was a cutaneous horn... i cant find very much info online about it - they say its benign and kind of common in dogs... but im really scared because its getting bigger faster... her surgery to have it off is on Monday coming up... can anyone please tell me if you've had or seen anything like this with you dogs? any info?

im scared.

~ Chriss and Mitsey

Gyp had a spot show up on the outside of his toe. Found it because it was bleeding and the red really showed up on the white fur. Thought at first he had torn a nail. We were running in flyball and Gyp rubbed it on either my shoes or the box to make it bleed. Vet checked it. Don't remember what she called it. Removed it. Said it was nothing to worry about. Had to keep the stitches in a little longer than normal due to walking on it. It has been over a year and all is well. Gyp will be eleven in Feb.

Gyp had a spot show up on the outside of his toe. Found it because it was bleeding and the red really showed up on the white fur. Thought at first he had torn a nail. We were running in flyball and Gyp rubbed it on either my shoes or the box to make it bleed. Vet checked it. Don't remember what she called it. Removed it. Said it was nothing to worry about. Had to keep the stitches in a little longer than normal due to walking on it. It has been over a year and all is well. Gyp will be eleven in Feb.

Thanks so much Gil - im hoping its nothing... did your vet tell you what it was tho?