The Mark of a Good Boarding Kennel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 urge to herd

urge to herd

• Registered Users
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

I've taken Gibbs to the same kennel for years, recommended by a dog savvy friend. So today, for whatever reason, I decided to tell them that he REALLY likes his head rubbed & scratched. I mentioned it to the young woman who checked him in, and she said,

"Oh, we know that one. Anytime you go out to sit with the dogs in the playyard, he comes sidling up and leans his head against your hip. And stays there as long he's getting a good rub."

#1 - The kennel workers regularly go out in the yards to hang out with the dogs.

#2 - Gibbs is trusting enough of them to ask for a head rub.

#3 - The kennel workers are long time employees and enjoy the dogs they care for.

It's always a little bit of  wrench to leave him, but I feel better now.

Ruth & Gibbs

#2 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,809 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

:)
Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#3 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

Peace of mind . . . Priceless.

"People in your life always come and go all the time; the dogs are always there for me. Always." ~Samantha Valle

#4 Gloria Atwater

Gloria Atwater

Talksalot

• Registered Users
  • 2,618 posts
  • Interests:Sheepdogging!

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

Perfect. :) :)

You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~ Emily Dickinson

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace. ~ Milan Kundera

#5 rushdoggie

rushdoggie

• Registered Users
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Ahhh.

"one dog shy of a crazy dog lady..."

c933f85e-d7ab-4b06-a588-a46b423e82d1_zps

#6 Shetlander

Shetlander

Life is a beach.

• Registered Users
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

As much as you would rather have him with you, it is a great comfort to know he gets such high quality care. Wonderful.

Liz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.