BC Boards

Trainers in the area?

chene

Although Aed is still young, I'd like to start looking for a trainer to work with when he is ready. I'd like to test him out between 8-10 months, but I'm not really sure. I'll be in victoria until he's almost a year old, and then in Calgary for two months, and then back in Victoria for the year. So first things first I need to decide what to do about that. Should I start training before we leave, assuming he's ready, and then take a break during those two months and then continue? Should I not do anything at all until after we get back?

Assuming I do decide to start training here, I need to find a trainer. I live in Victoria, BC, and would be willing to go anywhere on this half of the island. Unfortunately the lower mainland is probably out because Aed can't come on the buses and it's expensive to take a car on the ferry. I sent an email to a lady named Martha McHardy who as far as I can tell would be an excellent choice, but I'm not sure if she still does lessons (or ever did?) and she hasn't responded yet. Ideally if she doesn't she'll give me some names, but I figured I'd see if people here know of anybody as well.

Ah, yes, I saw that one when looking at agility in Victoria. I just assumed it was an AKC herding kind of thing. I do see that she requires males to be a year old before they start, but if I don't start until after Calgary then I can live with that. I'll send her an email. Thank you!

Duncan isn't too far away, really. Anything around there is still fine.

• 2 months later...