BC Boards

Just a video share

Heartful

It's been some time since I've visited the boards but really am excited to get my young dog introduced to sheep. Who knows where this will go. I would love to have time to see him develop into a nice working dog that I could perhaps trial with but I also do agility and it is a struggle to know which direction to take. I'm not sure if doing one will affect the other negatively should I want to try to do both LOL.

This is his second official lesson, but he had been introduced to sheep twice when he was younger.

• 4 months later...

After a long, long, long winter with much snow, we have been able to get back to working some sheep. After talking with my instructor, we have decided to progress a bit more slowly to allow Titan to mature. Very short work sessions to give his brain some time to recover - LOL. I don't do too much of the work with him, given my extreme lack of experience - best to let the instructor guide him rather than me getting out there and making a mess of things.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't mean it that he is slow maturing, only that I can see his mind is working better in the later video in comparison with the first, without any qualifiers. If my math is right he does about two lessons a month on average, and the working maturity is a resultant of [training mileage] x [the actual age] x [handler experience], so to me he is doing fine - a very nice responsive dog.