BC Boards

More pups on sheep

Well she is different thats for sure :rolleyes: , I think she's taking on more of a GSD look now lol, and I guess this is how her ears are gonna be huh? One up one down...oh well...She sure has been fun to start. For a dog that's so keen to work, she's so calm it's scary, never gets rattled, never loses her tail...I'm diggin' her :D

Stellaonsheep10064.jpg

Stellaonsheep10068-1.jpg

Nice pics! Looks like she's coming along nicely! I agree--in that one tub shot, the face does look a bit GSD-ish!

Anna

Stella is definitely the most unique looking Border Collie I have ever seen. I love her. It's a good thing you're in Texas and I'm not actually a kleptomaniac.

Stella is definitely the most unique looking Border Collie I have ever seen. I love her. It's a good thing you're in Texas and I'm not actually a kleptomaniac.

wow Melanie, and here I had you pegged as a strictly tradiional Border Collie person :rolleyes: kinda like me (well pre-Stella anyway :-) ) And for sure NO BLUE EYES, oh well....

Stella is the most amazing looking dog. She's gorgeous! I bet you can't bring her anywhere without every single person asking you what she is...and then not believing you when you say she's a Border Collie. People don't even believe Ryan is a BC because of his ticking!

I'm not sure that I really have that many preferences when it comes to looks. I thought of myself partial to reds, for sentimental reasons only, but I'm slowly realizing that it's not the color so much as the light eyes that I'm attracted to. Solo has very expressive eyes and it's partly because they're wolf yellow. Grace's Eve and her kin all remind me of Solo but it's not because they look like him -- they don't, although I thought so at first. I was thrown off by the light eyes and the intelligent expression. I never see a blank expression in any of Grace's photos of Eve, and I really like that in a dog. Stella is like that too.

I actually know a dog that looks kind of like Stella -- Gene Sheninger's Mac. I don't know if Gene still has him, Mac was only a puppy last time I saw him. Mac's sire is a heavily ticked white-factored black and white dog and his dam is a saddleback sable (her name is Jess -- she was a Working Border Collie centerfold a couple of years back). Like Stella, he has a lot of white with heavy ticking, both brown and black. Can't remember what color his eyes are. I wish I had a picture of him. He was a very weird looking puppy!

ahhh, my poor baby girl :D she doesn't look like a coyote...does she :rolleyes: the gal that has her brother, says if she was red she'd look like a fox....well I love her anyway :D

Melanie, that sounds like Stella's mom and great gran. ma. they have the black saddle, kind of hard to call the colors, some ticking...then the sire is blk/wht. I guess I don't savvy color genetics enough though...I sure don't understand how you get a blue dog out of that mix. I'd be curious as to what they would call her color...as she's not really what I would call a merle, and she's more of a quad vice tri, as she has blk/wht/blue or gray/red.