Photo

Is it possible to find very old threads that you started?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 D'Elle

D'Elle

• Registered Users
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

Recently I was in a position to explain to someone why they should not buy a border collie puppy from a certain breeder who did no herding with their dogs.

Several years back, there was a thread I started (titled something like "I think I am getting a puppy"), in which it was beautifully and thoroughly explained to me why no one should buy a border collie puppy from anyone who is not breeding for herding ability exclusively. I had somehow not fully understood, had been led astray by some folks, and many people here  helped me to understand.

There were so many excellent explanations in that thread that I would like to find it again to copy or paraphrase some of those things and have on hand in this kind of situation. But when I have searched for it, I have not found it.

Any one know how to find it?

Thanks. 

(ps....sorry if this is not the right place to put this)

D'Elle

and family.

Left to right: Kit, Jester, Boo, Digger

Mydogs12-2013Smaller.jpg
"You gonna throw that?" --Jester:  2001 - June 24 2016. Remembered with much love.
"I'm grouchier than you are" --Kit

"I love everyone!" -- Boo

(Boing! Boing! Boing!)--Digger

And not pictured, Benjamin the cat, who thinks he is a small border collie with superpowers.

#2 Riika

Riika

• Registered Users
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

Here is what I just did and found it. The google search feature has been a lifesaver for me in tons of ways. Just enter the search term(s) and then site:whateversiteyouwant.com and it'll search the whole site for those keywords. 

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 9.13.04 AM.png   439.31K   7 downloads

The thread in question. http://www.bordercol...showtopic=29596

~Kailey~My blog. http://annesalpinesd...ts.blogspot.com<p> 

#3 Eileen Stein

Eileen Stein

• Administrators
  • 5,520 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

I was just starting to answer this when Riika's good post popped up.  I find the search function on this software kinda disappointing, so I can well believe you get better results using Google search.  Finding threads like this by using the Boards search tools is greatly helped if you can remember one or more unusual word(s) that occurred in the thread, e.g., "Jester," " Wisecarver," and use those as your key words.  If you can do that, you will get a manageable number of hits, as opposed to something like "puppy" or "breeder," which are no help at all.  I should think the same is true using Google search.    

Support the ABCA Health & Education Foundation by using Amazon Smile

#4 D'Elle

D'Elle

• Registered Users
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

Thank you both so very much!

D'Elle

and family.

Left to right: Kit, Jester, Boo, Digger

Mydogs12-2013Smaller.jpg
"You gonna throw that?" --Jester:  2001 - June 24 2016. Remembered with much love.
"I'm grouchier than you are" --Kit

"I love everyone!" -- Boo

(Boing! Boing! Boing!)--Digger

And not pictured, Benjamin the cat, who thinks he is a small border collie with superpowers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.