BC Boards

Ticks

The questions about super cheap and coming from overseas, are the worries that they are fake, or real but outdated.

I don't buy stuff like this from sources I am not familiar with but you may truly be getting a bargain.

Still, let the buyer beware...

Point taken. I will post an update after I receive my collar.

I placed the Tick Tubes around the perimeter of the yard today. We also had a visit with the Vet, Rabies shot along with Lyme vaccine. Vigilance shall be the order of the season.

Well I got my collar on 5/15 which was 12 days after I ordered it. I want to post pictures of it, but the ones i uploaded to photobucket are ginormous when i post them here. I can't get them to draw in for editing in photobucket to reduce the size... and I just don't feel like emailing them to myself, and then sizing them down and then re-uploading them into photobucket. The process of getting images uploaded here just seems so painful it doesn't seem worth it. Maybe there is an easier method that I haven't figured out yet, but the photobucket method is too cumbersome and time consuming for me as everything seems to take forever on Photobucket.

I can say that appearance-wise it looks legit but I have no way to verify it is the same as the collar sold on other sites based in the US. The packaging looks the same except that everything is written in Spanish. That's all I've got.

We're in the Catskills in NY and we normally get some ticks, but this year they are BAD. Everyone is talking about them. I pull 3-5 ticks off Lucky just from taking him on a walk down the road - not even in the woods or grassy meadows. He does LOVE to walk/nose through any long grass along the road, but last year was not like this.

We are using the Soresto collar. It seems to kill the ticks once they bite him. When I bring him in from outside I check his feet, legs and stomach for ticks. We've both found several on us, but we are also outside working so they are not necessarily from him. I hate using the chemical stuff, and thankfully he's short haired and they are fairly easy to find, but I'm glad to have the collar this year.

Our Vet suggested K9 Advantix II. We still have pulled a few ticks off Skye. Our walks in the woods have been curtailed due to the sheer number of ticks. Very sad.

Our puppy is just over 13 weeks old now but a month ago our vet put him on NexGard, an oral flea and tic medication that kills fleas and tics when they bite. We have a really bad tic problem as well. Our cat has the topical AdVantage. We have removed 3 tics from him which we caught as soon as we came back from long walks but they would have died prior to infecting him had they been deer tics, thankfully they were wood tics. Still gross though.